Reality

It was about two weeks after Adrian dropped me home that my headaches were starting to cool down.

I was sitting there out on the balcony where I had fallen and hit my head. A hot cup of Shadom Beni with  mild ginger in it was my company.

I was practically getting bored of the same routine everyday and by then, I had made several checkups at the poly clinic in my area.

Now, it was a Sunday afternoon where I decided to call Adrian to let him know that I will be resuming duties the following day.

I couldn't stay another day or week living like this. Fighting with your lonesome thoughts is hard and being defeated is much harder.

My coworkers were calling everyday stating that he was doing a wonderful job.

But hell, if a sister is to get better, she might as well get up off her butt and do something because pretty soon I'll adjust to this lifestyle of not doing anything and when it's time for reality to hit that I have to work, it wouldn't be easy adjusting at all.

I had to stop feeling so sorry for myself.

I know how it is after a long summer vacation, having to get up the first day of school but this wasn't a summer vacation. It was more like a ' sick cation.'

Adrian and I spoke more often now. He however went down in the Grenadines to visit his grandma who was diabetic.

We realised that we had so much in common.
While he was dropping me home from the hospital, we chattered like black birds making new choruses for songs.

I found out that he was born in December and guess what?

Me too!

Sagittarius babies!

When I thought it doesn't get any better than that, he told me he was left handed.

I was too.
Whoa.

Beside the strange coincidences, he was a fan of Bold and the Beautiful too. He never agreed to Liam's choices pertaining to his love life.

He said that Steffy and Hope were taking too long to realise that.

Adrian too is a reserved person. He only speak when spoken too and he seem to hold in a lot of his thoughts like I do.

He was a good listener because two days after i started to get comfy with him, I started prattling about the different working attitudes of my children and he just sat there and listened  without any cues of shutting me up.

He even said a thing or two about what he had observed so far while working.

However....
On the contrary, he loves dogs and I love cats.
He likes partying but I don't.
I love writing but he prefers reading and I like riding planes while he prefers boats.

After my hot tea, I started looking in the cupboard for some working clothes.
I was looking for a grey throw over jacket and a bell foot pants to wear. I had already gotten a floral sleeveless top to go with my hand bag and my pumps.
After a couple looks , I finally found the throw over and was just about to yank it off the hanger when I heard a familiar voice calling at my back door.

I stopped what I was doing and quickly went to open the door for Adrian.

He looked so good.

He was wearing a tank top with a three quarter wash out jeans and a flip flop.

It was quite a normal look but with him anything normal is extraordinary.

Greeting me with a smile as I gestured for him to come in Adrian questioned, "Hey how you feeling ma lady?"
"I bought you some nutmeg flavoured ice cream and a bouquet of hibiscus mixed with butter cup.