Chapter 17.

" You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ' I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along " ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Chyna McCartney

I stared at myself in the mirror and admired my chocolate skin. Your beautiful. I thought. I rub the tips of my fingers against my brown plump cheeks. Today I decided to think differently about my appearance, meaning I was stopping the insecure problem. Of course, I'm still tender about situation but I wanted a change of a better perspective of how I see myself. I was thinking about when I was in the facility and this nurse came into my room.

"Chyna it's time to take your medicine." She said walking into my entirely white box, where there was only a white bed and a aluminum toilet. I sat balled up into a corner of the room shaking. Why won't these people believe me! I thought as nurse Jenny was coming towards me. She held her hand up to help me up and I just stared at it shaking my head uncontrollably.

"No! there's nothing wrong with me you stupid bitch! I'm not taking those stupid ass pills" I screamed, she looked at me unphased by my sudden outburst.

She reached for me and I snatched away from her. "Come on, Chyna you have to take these pills." She said grabbing me by my wrist and pulling me up. I tried to fight her off and she pressed to button on her waist and a swarm of nurses ran into the room. They grabbed me by my legs and arms as I screamed and yelled for help. They pinned me onto the bed and strapped my down with hard leather belts. I was trying to break out of the belts when suddenly I felt something being injected into my arm and looked down at nurse Jenny and was putting a needle into my arm. A sudden rush jetted through my body and my eyes started to get hearty and I started feel weak.

"You should have just took the pills." She said shaking her head and walked out of the room and I black out.

I blinked and wiped my eyes and smiled at my self in the mirror. Even though things like that have prepare me in the future to be bigger than fear it's self. I've noticed that what my mom has put me though also has help me a lot. Her hurtful words has brought me down till I was at my peek until I met Noah, the person that has helped my along with Sid. If I never met these men I think I will still be under my mothers crazy spell. Manipulation.

I laughed and shook my head fixing my hair I stood up and walked out of my room. I walked down stairs and found Noah and Sid sitting on the couch watching football screaming at the game about the forty-niners lost a touch down against Bears. I laughed and sat on Noah's lap. He glanced at me and smirk as he wrapped his arms around me waist and snuggled his head into my neck and I giggled.

"Stop your missing the game." I smiled, he shrugged.

"I don't care." he said and kissed my neck. I looked down at him and brought his face to mine and kissed his lips. he broke apart,

"I love you." He said and squeezed my waist. I paused and stared deeply into his eyes and mine started to water, he wiped them away.

"Come on baby, don't cry." he chuckled. I smile I kissed him again.

"I love you too." I said and pecked his lips before we heard Sid,

"Ew stop, go get a room or some shit! Y'all know I'm single dammit!" he said throwing a couch pillow at us. We laughed and finished watching the game.

"Yassss I told y'all the Bears was gone win this time. Pay up!" I yelled holding hand out and Sid smacking his lips an pulled out a twenty and slammed it into my hands. I laughed and turned up Noah and he also pulled out a twenty and put it into my hands. I smiled widely and stuffed the money into my bra since I didn't have any pockets.

I was suddenly aggressively grabbed by my waist and pressed against Noah's chest. I laughed and looked up and him, I pecked his lips, he glanced up and looked back down at me,

"I think it's time for me to go." He said looking down at me. I frown and started to pout.

"Please don't go. Can you spend a night with me?" I asked grabbing tightly onto his shirt. He looked down at me and was silent for a while.

"Please?" I begged standing on my tippy toes and to kiss his lips. He chuckled and picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his torso.

"Sure." He said lowly. I smiled against his lips and showed him the way to my room. We walked in and he laid me on my back. He stared deeply into my eyes as they started to turn a little darker then before. I kissed his lips and rubbed my fingers though his hair and his hands roamed my body as he bit my lip and I moaned into his mouth. He stuck his tongue in and we began have a full on tongue war, and of course he won. He stop and stared into eyes,

"I'm not going any further. So come on, let's go get ready for bed." He said and stood off my me leaving me weak, I stared at him and he grabbed me by my waist and pulled me up. He let me go and I walked to my dresser and pulled out a tank and boy shorts. I slipped my clothes off then put them on. I turned around and Noah hade slipped his shirt off and pants and was user the covers. I shook my head and smirked I turned my room light off and climb into the bed and got under the covers. I looked at Noah and he had his right are under his head while the left one was laying in the pillow. I scooted close to him and laid on his chest listening to his stead heart beat.

"Thank you." I said,

"For what? he asked,

"Everything." I said and he pulled me close and kissed my head.

"Goodnight." he said.

"Goodnight." I mumbled and watched as darkness to over my body.

_____________

July 25,2O14