02

T W O ;

"I swear, this is the only thing fairies are good for: their food."

-☆

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

-☆

Birds from different trees happily chirp at the clear skies, the energizing sun allowing everyone to freely bask in the morning light.

All the werewolves, fairies, and mermaids awaken from their sleep at the blinding sunrise and increasing movements. The vampires, on the other hand, take that time to close their window curtains and head to bed after a long night of partying and drinking (blood, that is).

Within each species are a few clans, each clan claiming a territory as their own. But there is always one proclaimed clan that represents all the others, giving orders and taking care of problems. For the mermaids, it's the Aurora Clan. The fairies have the Celestial Clan. Vampires obey the Piercing Fangs Clan, while the werewolves follow the Crimson Clan. Each species maintain peace by a network of trade and signed treaties, with one species being responsible of providing the others a certain commodity.

The mermaids are held accountable for the water supply, seafood markets, controlling the seas, cleaning pollution, and when they find rare artifacts or gems, they will sell it to museums or the folk. Every morning, they would awaken from their clam beds, and do their catching rounds.

A pink-tailed mermaid is seen licking her lips at a tuna, her eyes in a trace as she unconsciously reaches out to grab it. "Serena!" The voice of her friend alarms both the mermaid and the aloof tuna, who finally took notice of the hungry predator and swam away. Serena groans in exasperation and whips her head to the bright red-tailed mermaid named Chantel, "Really? A girl is starving you know!" Chantel crosses her arms while holding a basket of tuna, salmon, and shrimp on her forearm.

"We're here to catch tuna and sell them at the market, not to gobble them up, Serena." The pink-tailed mermaid rolls her eyes at that, snatching the nearest tuna and stuffing it into her own basket. "Fine. Let's go up and give these to our boss." With that, the pair flicked their tails and propelled themselves through the heavy water. Upon reaching the surface, the two took in a breath of air, something they're not entirely used to. "Got your pendant?" Chantel glances over at Serena's neck for the item, "Yup." Thus, both of the mermaids swam to the shore before touching their pendants, resulting it to softly glow.

"Woah," Serena stands up on her two feet and wiggles her toes in the stand, "I can never get used to this."

The two turn their heads to the direction of wolf whistles aimed at them. Serena makes an expression of disgust as she took a brief look at the werewolves who were practically undressing them with their eyes. "Ugh. Those mutts are at it again." Serena pulls a beach coverup from her basket and swiftly puts on the garment, "I wish we had a normal outfit on when we shift to human form instead of a freaking bikini." The blonde turns her gaze to Chantel, who was ignoring her words and winking at the huddle of werewolves. Chantel tugs at Serena's arm and points to a particular werewolf. "Look! It's Jeongguk, the heir of the Crimson Clan!"