eight

; Thursday

I settled on  wearing a beautiful coral floral dress that was the epitome of spring. The dress flowed gracefully with the morning breeze, and my soft wavy hair that was tucked by a floral cloth headband that matched my dress bounced as I happily galloped.

Breathing in the spring breeze as I twirled, appreciating the wonderful season. Today's a beautiful day, I thought.

Turning around the corner, I smiled as I saw the cafe Hyunjin works at.

My feet instantly walked faster than moments ago, immediately opening the big glass doors.

I saw him at the counter with his back facing me as he makes the customer's drink, still unknown of my presence.

A soft genuine smile made its way on my face when he turned around,

but what confused me was the emotion on his face.

Hyunjin tried to hide it and masked it with another,

yet I still saw it.

His brows were raised and eyes widened,

he looked so shocked which confused me so much.

It was like I wasn't supposed to be there.

Then I saw her, the one he hugged a month ago

the one he told me his cousin was.

She kissed him good morning and started her shift as well.

My heart broke into pieces and my vision started to blur. The smile that was on my face moments ago was now long gone, replaced by a frown of betrayal that was certainly evident.

I couldn't believe what I just saw. My body starts to shake as tears continuously flowed down my once carefree face. It was like the room suddenly lacks oxygen and I forgot how to breathe.

Then and there, I knew he lied to me

but I couldn't comprehend the reason,

that's why I left without looking back.