Feelings

Lukas didn't know why his heart was pounding so fast. Maybe because he was running down the street as fast as he possibly could? Or because of what he was about to do? Either way, it didn't matter Lukas only had one thing on his mind.

Lukas rushed into the hallway room, "Jesse! Jesse?" To his surprise, Jesse was nowhere to be found.

"She just left," Radar said as he was putting something into a chest, "she looked like she was in a rush."

Lukas was panicked, "Where did she go?"

But Radar only shrugged, "She didn't tell me, but she said that I needed to give you something if she wasn't back in 3 days. But that's all she said," Radar closed the chest, "And then she left. Whats going on Lukas?" Radar spoke worried.

Lukas wanted to ask what it could possibly be or even let Radar know what was going on but he was still panicked out of his mind,

"I'm sorry but I have to find her." He said rushing out,

he started running to the town stables where he had left his horse earlier. He quickly saddled up and began to ride back to his house.

***

After he finally arrived he jumped off his horse and shoved the door open, "Jesse?!" He said quickly scanning his house, but nothing. Lukas's heart began to sink, 'there's no way she left already, is there?'

He felt defeated, the one girl he cared about the most. Was just gone. He walked outside and sat in the grass looking up at the starry night.

"Why didn't I just tell her before?" He spoke out loud to himself.

"Tell who, what?" A familiar voice spoke.

"Hello?" Lukas said orderly startled, he looked up at his house. And they're sitting on the roof. Sitting there with her legs together and arms crossed.

"Jesse?"

And a breath of relief came over him. He wasn't too late and felt like he could breathe again. Lukas quickly climbed up the ladder behind his house, and quietly took a seat next to her,

"Do you always come up here?"

"Not usually, only when I can't think," Jesse said slouching into her hands, "I don't know what I'm supposed to do Lukas."

Lukas looked at her and began to work up his courage, he knew how stressed out she must be but to him, this moment might mean now or never. Lukas became overwhelmed with the sensation of butterflies,

"Jesse I know this probably isn't the right time. But I need to tell you... something I've needed to tell you for a while now."

"Lukas?" Jesse said slowly raising her head from her arms, "are you okay?"

"You know we've been through a lot together. And I'm always gonna be here for you no matter what you say after I tell you this. And I'm always gonna put being there for you above anything that might be going on with me, that being said. Jesse..." He could feel his face turning red, "I love the way you put the people you care about above yourself, I love the way your brave, and confident when you speak, I love the way we can joke and I don't know how you do it but your always able to make me laugh even when I think I can't, I love the way you smile even better when I'm the reason, I love the way I can literally tell you anything.  I love everything about you," he said nervously laughing, "Jesse, I love you."

Jesse sat there in disbelief.