Reunited

Jesse began to saddle Lukas's horse, she ran back inside to put on her amour. As she began to put it on she could feel her heart start to pound, much like the same feeling she always got before a new adventure.

She looked at Lukas, sitting on his bed, "did you get any sleep?" she asked concerned.

"How could I?" Lukas said irritated, "Jesse please, let me come along." he said anxiously tapping his foot.

"We've already discussed this, we can't risk that."

Lukas slouched down, "I know, I know. I just have this horrible feeling Jesse, like something really bad is gonna happen."

Jesse sat beside Lukas, "I'll be okay I'll be super careful," she looked to Lukas, "Nothings gonna happen, but I can't stand to wait here another minute while I know Petra's trapped and alone."

Lukas took a deep breath, "Just stay safe."

They both got up and embraced each other, "I'll be waiting right here for you."

Jesse could hear the worriedness in his voice,

"I'm not gonna say goodbye. Because this isn't goodbye, I'll just see you later?"

"See ya later Lukas."

She mounted the horse double checking her inventory to make sure she had everything needed.

Jesse waved bye to Lukas's anxious face and rode off.

---

Jesse ran through the checklist once again in her mind, and as much as she hated to admit it to Lukas. With the wind in her hair and the fresh brisk morning breeze brushing on her face, she loved the feeling of a new mission.

---

Jesse arrived at the network and stood in front of the nether portal. She thought back to all the times her friends had traveled through the portal network, and even though it was frustrating at times, she missed adventuring with her friends.

Jesse took a breath and stepped through.

Fire. A lot of Fire, Jesse had bad memories of the Nether. She could hear the many monsters in the distance to her. But she continued and followed the directions Axel had given her.

---

After about an hour of trying to locate the gang, Jesse could finally see in the distance was the Nether Fortress. She carefully and quietly entered. She looked past every corner readying herself for anything, she wandered cautiously down the many red netherbrick corridors, "Petra ? " she whispered from time to time, "Petra? are you here?" But no luck, She continued to look until she finally came to a room that was obviously man-made a grand corridor of pure quartz.

Jesse glanced at a little cell completely made out of iron bars at the end of the corridor, and there inside was-

"Jesse?"

"PETRA!"

"JESSE?"

"PETRA!"

Jesse quickly sprinted down to the cell.

"Jesse! You don't know how happy I am to see you!" Petra's voice was trying to be strong but was clearly weak, "I've been down here for so long, I kind of thought everyone didn't know or forgot about me."

"Petra we would never forget about you, I would never forget about you, I've been worried sick about you since the moment Axel told me," Jesse spoke genuinely.

"Well, that's a relief." Petra pushed her red hair back and turned away to wipe her glossy eyes, she never liked anyone to see her cry. But she couldn't help but feel emotional. "But do you know why I'm ever here? And who? And where are the others? And-?"

"Petra less talking, more escaping," Jesse said pulling out her pickaxe.

"Oh, Right"

"We can talk about how or why everything happened once I get you out of here." She began to break the bars.

"Let's get out of here," Jesse grabbed Petra's hand and began to run down the corridor, Jesse could tell by the way Petra held onto her hand so tight that she was in a weak state.

"The portals that way," Jesse said pointing the way she came from.

The two girls quickly began to bolt it but before they could exit the fortress, they were stopped by a familiar voice.

"I knew, if I got Petra down here it wouldn't be long before you followed after her, " a sinister laugh was uttered.

"Aiden?"

"Your persistence to your friends is truly remarkable Jesse."

A group of people dressed in familiar black jackets,

"Welcome to the Blaze Rods"