Reconcile

After Petra finally began to settle down, she wiped her tears and took deep breathes. She really didn't like to have anyone see her soft side. But with Jesse she felt like it was okay to let her guard down, that's what having friends are for right?

"Anyway, can we talk about what I've missed?" She said still trying to get her voice to not shake, "I need to think about something else for a bit."

"Yeah of course," Jesse said clearly knowing Petra was in need of a distraction, "well let's see, I've mostly just been trying to help out the citizens with repairs and all the after effects from the whole admin situation... everything's pretty standard, people ask about you to me from time to time, there always asking where did you go, and I never know what to say. Because I truly don't know. I was always worried about you, Yano." Jesse thought back to how she felt when Petra left and her voice became heavy, "...but I know it's for the best. Adventuring is your calling, you live for it. I get that."

"Jesse..." Petra could see the hurt in her eyes, "don't give me the face." She knew that leaving would definitely have an impact on Jesse, but she had no idea what a big impact it really was, "don't think a single day went by without me not thinking about you either. Leaving was probably one of the hardest things I've ever done. I mean, you know I've never really had 'friends' before I met all of you. But I needed to find myself.. and OH JESSE I haven't even told you all the amazing places I've been to and explored!" Petra's face started to light up thinking about her many adventures, "..but I always wish you came with me."

They both sat there, Jesse was almost speechless again a feeling that wasn't common for her. But was kind of becoming a regular thing.

"I'm glad you've found your place Petra, I truly am."

"Thank you, but after we get out of this mess. I'm definitely catching up with you for a good while, plus I miss everyone back home, speaking of, you still haven't told me about whats going on with them."

"Axel's still working as an apprentice with Magnus in BoomTown, Olivia is working and training other Redstone engineers on the skill, Ellegard would be really proud of the work she's doing. Ivor is still adventuring with Harper, though I'm pretty sure he was planning on settling down with her soon. And... Lukas.. he's still the hit writer in Town. He's become an enormous icon to people across the world, his stories are truly amazing. He's also been a huge help with repairs, and with me."

"what do you mean with you?"

Jesse slouched down, "I just was having a hard time... getting passed everything. A hard time accepting I have to live alone, that I'm literally responsible for hundred's of lives, a hard time accepting the lives that we lost on our adventures, a hard time accepting that you left, and with my feelings."

Jesse turned away,

"It's been a hard two months Petra I'm not gonna lie, but I always feel better after being with Lukas. He really does make me happy."

Petra smiled, "Well he better"

"what do you mean?" Jesse turned back to look at Petra's grin.

"That dude has liked you for like ever Jesse."

"WHA- no, what?"

A guard walked over to their cage, "Having fun, are we ladies?"

He slammed his sword against the iron bars, and with a malicious tone he spoke, "I'm gonna enjoy this."

He opened the iron door, and pulled Petra out first, Jesse tried to push him off her but before she could two other guards restrained her. She began to shake and repeatedly try to kick them.

"LET GO OF HER!" A voice in the distance yelled.

"I can't hold onto her!" The female guard alarmed. She quickly lost her grip and Jesse started to book it, not making the same mistake of holding her ground. I'll find a weapon and then I'll save Petra she told herself.

"JESSE!" she heard the same distant yell, She turned her head as she ran and squinted.

"Lukas?...LUKAS?!" She ran over to him as fast as she could, when she became in reach he clasped her hand tightly and began running pulling her alongside him, swiftly getting out of sight behind netherack. Jesse turned back to see if they had outrun the guards, and they were nowhere to be seen.

She tried to regain her breath,

"Luk-..as" She said panting.

He wrapped his arms around her tightly, "We're gonna do this together." he said in a warm tone, "As a team."

Jesse hugged him close and felt comforted, almost as if his words were enough to regain her strength.

"And I brought back up." He walked over to a trapdoor sitting above the netherack, he opened it which revealed a ladder. Jesse wanted to ask questions of how, or when? He reached out his hand to her, and she grabbed it and followed him down.

As they climbed down Jesse was greeted by a surprise that almost left her crying in joy, her friends.

Axel, Olivia, Ivor, and Radar in unison ran to Jesse and hugged her.

"we're gonna do this together."