Wattpad Original
There are 7 more free parts

5. The fire of revenge

Hayden

Fuck.

I cursed loudly when my fist connected one more time with the punching bag. Pain shot through my knuckles as blood oozed from them, turning my hand into a bloody mess. My breaths turned ragged and sweat blinded my vision.

"Why so angry brother?" Caleb stopped while doing push-ups, showing me his signature smirk.

"What was that girl doing in that room?" I growled loudly and gave my deadliest glare to Alessandro who was busy running on the treadmill.

"Why are you looking at me? I didn't ask her to go in there," he said without wavering.

"And by the way, she is just a tiny girl King. I'd suggest you let go of her," he added and earned another glare from me.

"Let her go? Have you even looked at her? Blonde hair and blue eyes! The ideal description of a crazy, teenage idiot ready to ruin my plan." A chuckle escaped his lips at my words. He was the only man in the whole world who had the nerves to laugh at me.

"Not every blonde is stupid," he said, still laughing.

"She is different, boss. She is sweet, intelligent and understanding." Daniel muttered in a low voice.

"I don't care. She is not going anywhere and this is my last decision." I ordered in a threatening voice and they all nodded in return.

***

Revenge. A simple seven letter word. But this word has ruined many lives. It slowly sinks its claw deep in our hearts and sucks all the emotions. It tortures our mind and renders it incapable of thinking straight. It turns us into soulless monsters.

What a pity! I am one of its victims.

A knock on my bedroom door pulled me out of my dark memories.

"Come in."

The door opened and entered Katherine, one of the best assassins in my gang. The satisfied smirk on her cherry-red tinted lips was clearly showing that she had finished the task I gave her.

"Your work is done King," she said in a low, seductive voice, slowly walking towards me. She was wearing a red corset top and black leather jeans, giving her a dangerous look overall.

"Good. You can go," I dismissed and focused my attention towards the glass of whiskey.

Leaning my head back, I closed my eyes but opened them soon when I felt a cold, hard thing touch my neck. It didn't take me much time to realize it was a knife.

"I'm the best you have, King. Your perfect match," she whispered in my ear, trailing the knife down to the hollow of my neck.

Her face was inches away from mine and her breath was fanning my skin.

"Maybe you are right," I said and I heard her breath hitch. When she was busy leaning towards me, I carefully clutched the knife from her hand. Before she could react, I caged her neck in between the knife at the front and my hand at the back.

"Or maybe not," I said in a composed voice.

"Don't forget that I am the King here Katherine. This is my kingdom and I don't need a pathetic queen for it," I muttered, slightly pushing the knife in her flesh. Her smirk didn't falter but I could see panic in her eyes, eyes covered with black eye-shadow.

Untangling myself from her, I leaned back again and took another sip. The sound of the closing door reached my ears soon, suggesting that she had finally left.

Despite what I said, I actually admired Katherine for her determination. She was vicious and ruthless, just like me. Unlike other girls who turned squeamish at the sight of blood, she had managed to clear many enemies from my path, without even leaving a trace.

But she wanted to be the queen, my queen. Silly girl, how many times had I told her that she was just another pawn in my game.

The game of revenge and justice.

***

"King, I had contacted Matteo. But even he couldn't find anything about him," Alessandro said, looking at the floor. Closing the file I was reading, I stood up and walked to him.

"The prince of the Italian mafia couldn't get information about that one man? How is that fucking possible?" I lunged towards the mirror beside him which shattered into a million pieces. Alessandro's face paled at my action and he moved aside quickly.

"Calm down, Hay- uh I mean King," he said, giving me his handkerchief to tie around my hand which probably needed stitches now.

"Calm down? CALM DOWN?" I spat and he gulped.

"We will find a way," he tried to console me.

"It's been six years. SIX FUCKING YEARS. And we haven't found a single clue about him. I---" I stopped when I found that girl entering my office.

What was her name? Yeah, Violet.

Her eyes zoomed into my hand and she bit her lower lip to stop herself from screaming probably. She looked like she was about to faint. I was probably right about that girl. She was a stupid teenager who could not even bear the sight of blood.

"What are you doing here?" I screamed at her and she jumped at my loud voice. Fear was evident from her face.

"I- I made c- coffee," she stuttered; the stupid girl stuttered. And they were saying she was not like other girls.

I slowly walked towards her and she turned even more pale, if that was even possible. Looking into her eyes, I noticed her eyes were not the ordinary shade of blue; instead they were the color of sapphire in which little flecks of green were roaming around.

Beautiful, I thought but quickly pushed this thought to the back of my mind.

"Who told you to make coffee?" I asked in a low voice and she swallowed again. Her eyes were fixated on me and her lower lip was quivering slightly.

"I did." Caleb's voice hit my ears and I turned around to face him.

"She is a good cook so we thought why don't we let her do the cooking for all for the time she's here," he said, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"Fine. You can go now," I said and the girl placed the tray on the table and quickly dashed out of the room.

"King, what if he is dead?" Alessandro said as soon as she moved out of the office.

"No, he can't be dead," I said and slouched on my chair again. "Only I have the right to kill him. He can't be dead that easily." I said to myself, quickly dismissing the possibility.

"Don't worry Alexander Black, I won't let you take the easy way out."

.......................................