Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

11. Sundress and swimsuits

Violet

"Damn it," I screamed in frustration, when my tenth attempt was unsuccessful.

I had been failing constantly in zipping up the sundress I was wearing. The reason was that sharp pain jolted through my arm with even the slightest movement. It was all because of that jerk, who sprained my wrist two days ago.

A chill passed through my body when the scene flashed in my mind again. If Hayden hadn't come in time, only God knows what would have happened.

Last night, Daniel asked me to accompany them to their beach house. According to him, all three guys spend the last Sunday of every month there, without any disturbance from their work or Hayden.

That explains why I was standing in my bathroom, trying to look decent. The only issue was the zip of my dress which turned out to be so damn stubborn.

I heaved in relief when the door of my room opened and someone walked in. It must be Daniel.

"Daniel, I am in the bathroom. Come here, I need help," I cried out in annoyance.

He walked through the bathroom door which was unlocked. I didn't bother to turn around and swept my hair to one of my shoulders. Fortunately, the zip was stuck at the upper end so I didn't have to worry about giving him a view of my naked back.

He slowly walked behind me, his cologne smelling different than usual. It was a delicious combination of musk, lemon and rainforest, compelling me to inhale deeply.

As soon as his hand touched the skin of the nape of my neck, I nearly squealed in recognition. Only one man in this house had the power to make my stomach do somersaults with just one touch.

Hayden.

"Umm... I-I thought you are Daniel," I spoke, angling my neck to face him but it sounded more like a whisper. His breath was tickling the side of my face and it was becoming difficult for me to speak.

"Sadly, I am not," he stated in a low voice, holding my zip in his hand. There was a hint of disappointment in his voice.

My heart nearly bolted out of my chest when his fingers slowly lowered the zip to the small of my waist, skimming over my skin in the process.

The muscles in my back tightened when he slowly pushed the zip up, not forgetting to graze his thumb all the way up my spine, sending shiver after shiver through it.

"Thanks," I finally managed to say, waiting for him to create some distance between us but he didn't.

Instead, he leaned down, his nose touching my bare shoulder blade. My eyes closed when his breath brushed my sensitive skin.

What is happening to me? Why is my heart pounding so hard?

"Violet," he whispered in my ear, causing goosebumps to appear on my skin.

"Huh?" I breathed out.

"Try to find a dress without a zip next time." his voice turned from soft to rough in a second.

Before I could turn around, he was gone, leaving me baffled.

What just happened?

***

"Have you kept your swimsuit Vi?" Caleb whispered in my ear and I rolled my eyes.

"What? You have got a nice body. Stop hiding it behind baggy clothes," he said.

"Shut up, Caleb," Daniel hissed which made Caleb frown in displeasure. He mumbled something like "prude" and turned his face away, much to my relief.

We were sitting in Alessandro's car. Caleb and I were in the back seat; Daniel was in the passenger seat while Alessandro was driving. The car screeched to a halt and I hopped out of the car. All four of us entered; my eyes widened with amazement at the beauty of the house.

"Stop gawking or your eyes will bulge out of their sockets," Caleb said, making fun of my excitement. Ignoring his teasing remarks, I stepped out through a large door connecting the house with the beach.

The beach looked so serene. My eyes fluttered shut when I felt the softness of sand beneath my feet. The bluish hues of the water were merging with the reddish ones of the sun, creating a divine painting. The soft sound of waves sounded like music to my ears, urging me to close my eyes and relish in comfort.

"Beautiful," I whispered to myself.

"Yeah," Daniel's voice sounded from behind me.

"But why is it so deserted?" I asked in confusion.

"It's King's private beach," Daniel answered.

"Oh."

He suggested me to change into my swimsuit and join them on the beach. All three of them had already stripped out of their shirts and were just wearing shorts.

As much as I hated to admit, all of them had great bodies. Not the bulky type but lean and muscular; the kind of body male models have. Averting my eyes away from them, I walked back to a spare room and changed into my swimsuit.

It was a red monokini which easily covered the scar on my stomach. The back was made of criss-cross red stripes, giving it a stylish look. I would have never worn it in normal conditions but it was Daniel who brought it for me and I didn't want to disappoint him so I decided to give it a try.

Wearing a black crochet poncho over the swimsuit, I trekked towards the beach where the three of them were already sunbathing.

Caleb was the first one to notice my presence. His eyes moved from my head to toe, lingering on my legs for a little longer.

"Have some mercy on my poor soul," he teased and Daniel's eyes moved towards me. Thankfully, Daniel's eyes didn't wander anywhere below my neckline.

"You are looking nice," he complimented and me cheeks heated a little.

Alessandro just gave me a friendly smile before turning his attention back to the water. I settled myself on the sand and stretched my legs. The cool breeze felt pleasant against my warm skin, creating a soothing effect.

Lying down on the sand, I closed my eyes for a bit before a loud gasp awakened me.

Opening my eyes, I looked into the warm grey eyes.

"What are you doing here, King?" Alessandro asked in confusion.

"Well, last I remember, it was my house. So, I don't need anyone's permission to come here," he said sourly.

Nobody dared to ask any further questions. Hayden walked back into the house, probably to change into something more comfortable while the four of us regained our original positions.

.................................