19. Holiday Festivities

A/N: New year new chapter, I figured this would be about a good time to upload this chapter. I am still having troubles writing but that's because all my ideas come to me when I'm laying in bed at 3 am when i should be sleeping and I'm too tired to get up and write them down and then i forget a lot by morning. I'm also finding myself with lack of energy and motivation due to long nights and early mornings for me. Happy New Year's i hope you all had great holidays. 

Erin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strobe and Elias, of course, were not happy when they found out Logan and Rory had eloped in Australia but were willing to deal with that they had, in the end, the kids were married to who they had arranged. Elias was more upset about the legal aspects not being signed before they wed, so he didn't get everything he wanted, strobe hadn't realized that Elias was trying to sneak in a clause of the marriage, he tried to take many of the Hayden's businesses. He was ultimately happy that Logan still ended up married to a Hayden even if he lost any power he would have gained with Strobe on his side. Now that Strobe knew what Elias thought of Rory before he knew she was a Hayden (Strobe cut all professional ties with Elias due to his less than stellar words about Rory and found that Elias was trying to sneak things into the prenup).

Richard and Emily were furious about the fact Strobe had taken it upon himself to arrange a marriage for Rory without everyone's knowledge, they did understand his reasoning when he said he would have backed out if Rory and Logan had broken up before Rory made it to Yale.

Christopher was equally angered by his father's actions but saw it amusing that strobe was able to find out what kind of man Elias really was. In the end, Christopher was just happy his daughter was happy, Lorelai had also confided in him that she was there and understood why they eloped and had given her permission before they did get married, Christopher and Lorelai had kept that their secret for their parents of course.

Lorelai was, of course, pissed at Strobe for putting them in the position of having to get married so young but even more angered that Elias had caused them to end up eloping by not giving details of who Logan was arranged to marry.

Over the week since Logan and Rory got home from Australia the families talked back and forth about the marital agreement, Rory and Logan, of course, said what they wanted to be included in it and they all reached a deal quickly. Logan and Rory decided to include some of the rules Lorelai had set. 'No pressure for kids before Rory was 21, they must go through marriage counselling for a minimum a year before divorce even be considered'. The one thing that everyone agreed upon(other than Elias) was 'in the event of a divorce occurring all money, property etc. brought into the marriage by each person leaves with them, money, property etc. made/bought together as a couple would be equally divided'.

October 19th, 2002

Over the last few weeks since the fall semester at Yale started Logan had been nervous about how Rory would feel about his school life. Logan got a lot of attention from college girls, and some of them wouldn't stop harassing him even after he said he was married and he was worried they make cause trouble by claiming he was with them. Logan had been completely honest with Rory every time a girl would hit on him, and when one would try to push herself, On him even after he said he was married. What Logan didn't know was Rory really did trust him completely and knew he would never step outside of their marriage and they would be going to Yale together soon enough.

Today was the society wedding reception that Rory and Logan had agreed too when they first came home from Australia. As expected Emma had made sure the kids got everything that wanted, and it didn't become an over the top spectacle. Rory wore a beautiful white lace deep V-neck strapless gown and Logan wore a black tuxedo. Logan made a point to have a few of Yale's biggest gossips invited so they would spread the word that he really was happily married. Everything went really well for the reception. Rory and Logan snuck off to make out for a bit, Finn chased after and hit on every redhead he saw, and there wasn't much drama the whole night, but a few did speculate that they had only married so young because Rory was pregnant and they were trying to cover it up.