5 | secrets

5 | SECRETS

The next morning, Loki was pacing around the room

The next morning, Loki was pacing around the room. His mood was quite different than the day before. Asa assumed he, like her, didn't know how to digest his feelings. "Loki?" Asa called out as she got up out of his bed.

Loki looked over at her with a worried look. "What is it?" She asked him.

He approached her then grabbed her hands. "I haven't told you everything." He admitted.

Asa furrowed her brows. She didn't know why he would expect himself to tell her everything within a week of knowing her. "Then tell me."

"I— I am a Frost Giant. I am of Jotunheim. Prince of Jotunheim, actually. Adopted by Odin and claimed as his son." Loki told, and as he did that, he made himself turn blue to reveal his true identity to Asa. He feared that she would find him hideous or undeserving of her love after seeing his true form.

Asa scoffed. "And?" She waited for him to continue on.

"...and...I'm blue?" Loki stated it more like a question.

"I've lived on Sakaar all of my life. I've seen creatures of all shapes and sizes and colors. You are still Loki, even without your green eyes and pale skin." Asa shrugged his comment off. Making Loki feel like a drama queen for making a big deal out of his secret.

"If it makes you feel any better, you can tell me anything you've never told me before right now." Asa suggested as she walked over to his bathroom to pee. Loki followed her in and thought it was a good idea. So he spieled his whole life story to her while she got ready for the day in his bathroom. He told her about his tendencies to do mischief. How he betrayed his own brother... multiple times. How he pretended to be his father to rule Asgard for a while. How his mother and father died. How he had a great childhood but he spent it all being jealous of his brother, Thor. He told her how he got to Sakaar— running away from his vengeful sister, Hela, whom he essentially released himself.

"You must really love your brother." Asa teased. Loki groaned in annoyance, knowing what she had said was true but he hated to admit it.

"Well, if you must know, I have no family and no friends. I was left here on Sakaar as a child and left to fend for my own. As a child, I could find some Good Samaritans wanting to help me with food and shelter. But as an adolescent, I had to hit the streets selling myself to survive. Then, the grandmaster found me and kept me for himself." Asa told. Her story was significantly shorter than Loki's, and significantly less interesting.

* * *

A few days later, the grandmaster was having another dinner to celebrate yet another contest of champions event. Once again, Loki and Asa coincidentally ended up in the same elevator. They knew they had to pretend like they barely knew each other, but it was entirely too hard for them to do. As more and more people crowded into the elevator, Asa was pushed into the back corner of the elevator with Loki. Her backside was comfortably pressed up against him. Loki found it to be the perfect opportunity to tease her and fulfill his title as the god of mischief.

So, he carefully slid his hand up her inner thigh under the back of her dress. No one else in the elevator saw, for they were facing the elevator doors. Asa attempted to discretely swat away his hand, but there was no use. The more she'd fight it, the higher he'd slide his hand.

Once the elevator reached the top floor and everyone exited, Loki finally kept his hands to himself. He enjoyed seeing her squirm under his touch.

The two walked down to the dining hall and were instantly served with their meals. Asa sat right in between the grandmaster and Loki. So, Loki thought it would be a good idea to still mess with Asa. So he place his hand on her thigh once again, but what he didn't know was that the grandmaster also had his hand on Asa's leg.

So, Loki ended up touching the grandmaster's hand.

The grandmaster ran his tongue over his teeth then looked over at Loki with an angry look. Loki instantly pulled his hand back and gulped. "Did you just try to touch Asa?" The grandmaster growled at Loki. 

Loki chuckled nervously. "You just ruined a perfectly good dinner. Guards!" The grandmaster shouted and pointed at Loki for him to be taken away.