8 | ship

8 | SHIP

Loki and Thor were behind Asa as she plugged in the access code to get into the garage full of ships

Loki and Thor were behind Asa as she plugged in the access code to get into the garage full of ships. "We should talk." Thor told Loki, to where Asa couldn't hear.

"I disagree. Open communication was never our family's forte." Loki crossed his arms.

"You have no idea. Been quite the revelation since we last spoke." Thor told. Asa then opened the door and allowed the brothers to walk in and take care of the guards by shooting them down with some guns Asa found in the grandmaster's tower.

"Odin brought us together. It's almost poetic that his death should split us apart." Loki told Thor once they finished destroying all of the guards. Then, Asa moved along to the next door to open while the brothers spoke.

"I was going to ask about the girl." Thor nodded over at Asa.

Loki looked away from Thor. "I like her. That's all." He told just as Asa opened the next door and led them to an elevator to get to another level of the garage.

"I'm probably better off staying in Sakaar." Loki told, hoping to stay with Asa longer. The two weeks he spent with Asa alone were the best weeks of his life.

Asa stayed silent and looked at anything but Loki. "That's exactly what I was thinking." Thor spoke.

"Did you just agree with me?" Loki asked.

"Come on, this place is perfect for you. It's savage, chaotic, lawless... brother, you're gonna do great here." Thor only said such things to her Loki to go with him, away from Sakaar.

"Do you truly think so little of me?" Loki inquired.

"Loki I thought the world of you. I thought we were gonna fight side by side forever. But at the end of the day, you're you and I'm me. I don't know, maybe there's still good in you. But let's be honest, our paths diverged a long time ago." Thor spoke. Asa felt out of place.

"Yeah. It's probably for the best that we never see each other again." Loki commented.

"It's what you always wanted." Thor patted Loki on the back.

"Hey, lets do get help." Thor planned out their next action.

"No." Loki stared firmly.

"Come on, you love it." Thor smiled.

"I hate it." Loki told.

"It's great. It works every time." Thor chuckled.

"It's humiliating." Loki mumbled.

"Do you have a better plan?" Thor asked.

"No."
"...we're doing it."

Just as Thor said, the two then acted out a 'get help' scene from any typical scenario and distracted the guards enough so that Thor could throw Loki at the guards and knock them all out. "Now, which ones the ship Valkyrie told us to get?" Thor pondered out loud.

"The commodore. Though I feel it won't make much of a difference." Loki then created an illusion of himself next to Thor as he hurried away to the dock in front of Thor.

"Loki." Thor groaned.

"I know I've betrayed you many times before, but this time, it's truly nothing personal. The reward for your capture will set me up nicely." Loki cheekily smiled as he pressed a button on the dock that set off an alarm.

"Never one for sentiment, were you?" Thor huffed.

"Easier to let it burn." Loki smiled.

Then Thor lifted up a remote in his hand, a recognizable one because it was one used for people with an electric shock tag on their necks. Loki's eyes widened in fear. He realized his brother must've tagged him when he wasn't looking. Then, Thor electrocuted Loki. "Dear brother, you're becoming predictable. I trust you, you betray me. Round and round in circles we go. See, Loki, life is about.. its about growth. It's about change. But you see to just wanna stay the same. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you'll always be the God of Mischief, but you could be more." Thor threw the remote far away from Loki then took the ship, leaving Asa and Loki.

Asa sighed and grabbed the remote to turn off the electrocution. "We could've made it out of here." Asa shook her head.

"I did all of this for you! I thought you wanted to stay!" Loki exclaimed.

Asa threw her hands up in the air. "Well you didn't even ask." She huffed.

Fortunately, another group of people arrived into the garage. Must've been the rebellion group Valkyrie set up. "Hey, were about to jump on that ginormous spaceship. You wanna come?" The rock giant asked. He seemed to be the leader but he had a soft spoken voice.

"Well, you do seem like you're in desperate need of leadership." Loki spoke lowly.

Asa jabbed his side with her elbow. "We'd love to." Asa answered for the both of them.

* * *

As soon as they all arrived to Asgard, of course Loki had to shout from the top of the large ship "your savior is here!" to all of Asgard.

"Everyone on the ship!" Asa instructed the common people.

Loki then turned to Asa, "I've got a bad feeling." He told her.

"Don't we all." Asa told.

"Take the commodore our of here. Go back to Sakaar or go to Midgard! You'll be safer there than here." Loki exclaimed.

"You'll meet me there, won't you?" Asa fretted over never seeing him again.

Loki raised his eyebrows sympathetically. "Of course." He answered, knowing that it may not be true. He grabbed her face and gave her once last quick kiss before he sent her off to safety.

Asa nodded then ran off to the smaller ship. She sped out of Asgard toward Midgard.