6 | prisoner

6 | PRISONER

Asa watched Loki with disappointed eyes as he was led away

Asa watched Loki with disappointed eyes as he was led away. Likely to be imprisoned so that the grandmaster could have his fun with him. "I am so sorry about him." The grandmaster apologized for Loki, since he assumed that she was being touched without consent.

"It's fine. You don't have to—" Asa began to speak.

"You are too kind. But I'd like to have a little talk to him about messing with my girl." The grandmaster told her. Asa hid her cringe with a plastic smile, one she had perfected many years ago.

* * *

Later on when y'all Asa knew the grandmaster was busy, she went down to his quarters to search for Loki. And just as she suspected, she found Loki locked up in one of the cells the grandmaster had to temporarily hold his slaves. "You screwed up." Asa stated the obvious, gaining Loki's attention.

Loki shot up and ran up to the bars. "Are you gonna get me out of here? Then we run away together?" Loki asked, looking around frantically.

"No." Asa snorted. "We stay here. If the grandmaster didn't kill you yet it's because he likes you, and he'll release you soon enough. We just won't be able to see each other as often. Besides, if we'd try to run we wouldn't make it far and he'd kill both of us." Asa noted.

"Fine." Loki huffed.

* * *

A few days later, just as Asa expected, Loki was released back into the grandmaster's tower. She found him at the lounge bar on one of the levels of the grandmaster's building, she joined him and plopped herself amongst the group in the bar. The grandmaster was nearby, one of his scrappers had just brought in a new contender for his contest of champions and he was talking to him. "I guess that's the new contender." Asa eyed the fresh meat.

"That's my brother." Loki whispered to her with a confused look crossing his face. Loki looked away and pretended he didn't even see Thor. He was already on somewhat bad terms with the grandmaster because of Asa. He wasn't about to get in trouble again because of Thor.

"Loki! Loki!" Thor shouted once he finally caught sight of Loki.

At that moment, Loki had to look at Thor. Loki's sewed on a fake smile as he walked over to his brother. Loki went over and shushed Thor. Asa followed Loki over to Thor, her curiosity once again took over. She had to know what they were going to say to one another. "You're alive?" Loki asked.

"Yes, of course I'm alive." Thor scoffed, still not taking notice of Asa's presence.

"What are you doing here?" Loki interrogated his brother.

"What do you mean, what am I doing? I'm stuck in this stupid chair. Where's your chair?" Thor hissed at his brother.

"I didn't get a chair." Loki whispered.

"Get me out of this one." Thor whisper yelled at him.

"I can't. I've made friends with this man. He's called the grandmaster. I've gained his favor. The Bifrost brought me out here weeks ago." Loki informed his brother.

"Weeks ago?" Thor was shocked. They had fell out of the Bifrost at the same time.

"Yes." Loki answered.

"I just got here." Thor scoffed.

"What are you whispering about?" The grandmaster whispered as he hopped into the conversation.

"Time works differently here." Asa told everyone.

Thor finally acknowledged her and looked at her strangely. "Who are you?" Thor asked.

"Asa." She answered.

"In any case... uh, you know this, uh, you call yourself Lord of Thunder?" The grandmaster asked Thor.

"God of Thunder. Tell him." Thor looked at Loki.

Loki snickered. "I've never met this man in my life." Loki told.

"He's my brother!" Thor shouted.

"Adopted." Loki shook his head.

"Is he any kind of fighter?" The grandmaster asked.

Thor chuckled. "You take this think out of my neck and I'll show you."

"Now, listen to that. He's threatening me. Hey, Sparkles, here's the deal. If you wanna get back to Ass-place, Assberg—" The grandmaster smiled.

"Asgard!" Thor shouted.

"Any contender who defeats my champion, their freedom they shall win." The grandmaster informed.

"Fine. Then point me in the direction of whoever's ass I have to kick!" Thor shouted, he was stressed that he was tied down to that chair and he seemed to have an electric shock tag on his neck.

"That's what I call, contender!" Grandmaster smiled, then sent his chair away— probably somewhere where he'd be locked up until the contest.

"Loki!" Thor shouted as he was taken away from their sights.