3. Eight.

It's been 5 hours and I can't get the chick out of my mind.
I have heard her going to her flat back and forth, a handful of bags and boxes, a mouthful of curses for me.

I've tried everything to get distracted and focus on my usual hobbies but even handling my girlfriends, my beloved guns didn't work.
I gave up cleaning the gun after only 10 minutes, gave up boxing the punching bag after only 5 uppercuts, gave up wanking under the shower, the images were not the usual ones.

I made lunch but was not hungry, opened a bottle of wine but was not thirsty, I've been obsessed with my new game: that spicy girl next door.
The intriguing sexy chick next door.

I've sneaked up on her for much of the afternoon, by the window of my bedroom or through the peep hole of the entrance door of my apartment, laughing at her angry self.

Nothing's more funny than to have Nicky pissed at me.

Twice, she stomped to my place and furiously pinned sticky notes on my door. I should have snapped her face doing that, the pout on her lips and her knitted eyebrows were absolutely delectable.

Fighting the urge to open my door and see what it's all about, I bit my lips and forced myself away.
I waited for her to slam her door shut the second time to carefully peek through mine and took the messages down.

The first pink post-it said "Asshole", the other one "You SUCK"
How cute was that?
I stuck them on my door frame, and read them again and again, a stupid grin taped on my face.

About half an hour later, her door opens again and I run to the peephole to watch her embarrassed face
"Shit." She mumbles, seeing I already read her sweet messages, her fingers running down the now empty places.

"Charlie." She tentatively says through the door, knocking softly, making me startle and stupidly flatten my back against the door.

Who does that?
What fucking killer hides when the sweet ass next door just knocks?
Idiot.

I glance outside again, my hand gripping the doorknob, ready to open the door and... what, boo her?
Anyway, she's gone.

Shit. She's gone and I'm back to boredom. Thinking of it like what, 30 seconds, I make my way out, I have a plan.

Fuck, if you're gonna waste your time, at least waste it in good company. And switch into the decent guy mode please, you screwed around enough with her.

OK. Decent guy mode on, let's go.

I knock at her door, my arms full of stuff that maybe will cheer her up.

"What!" She snaps from the other side of the door.

"Ahmmm, hello, I'm your new neighbour, I was just thinking to introduce myself would be nice, you know as normal guys do." I try.

Her face appears in the door frame, her pouting lips quickly drawing up that stunning smile while seeing my little show.

"Welcome Missy!" I say with too much enthusiasm.
"Those are your housewarming presents" I put two bottles of Champagne in her hands.
"This is for your ankle." I shake an ice pack under her nose,
"And this," I slam the "Asshole" post it on my forehead "is me."

I straighten up, proud of myself, a large grin on my face. One more.
She's obviously holding back an urge to burst into laughter and shows me her best poker face.

"Normal guys show up with a basket full of cookies and blackberry muffins." She objects.
"And don't call themselves assholes to make good impression."

Rolling my eyes, I shrug and stick the other post it on her collar bone.

"You suck, neighbour. Stop complaining and let's celebrate." I make myself home and enter her apartment.