7. Four.

My phone vibrates in my pocket. Emergency call, according to the furious rhythm of the signal. I dig it out and read the flashing code on the screen
FRONT DOOR: ABNORMAL ACTIVITY

Shit, that's not the moment to manage a break-in from afar. That stubborn little bitch resists and the asshole is more hard to kill than I thought. The Zec has been clear, the plan is limpid. I have to stay focus, it's been tense here and it's not getting better.

I tap on the screen, I set up a security cam in the corridor, you know I don't mess with safety.

Nicky appears on the screen, screaming my name and banging at my door, begging me on her knees to save her.

What the Fuck?

I stiffen and nearly crush my phone, zooming on her face.
She leans her back against my door, her long, disheveled hair curtaining before her face, I can nontheless see river of tears flowing down her cheeks and neck. My eyes travel south, following the wet trails and land on her breast, her dress is ripped to shreds, exposing her bra savagely torn as well.

My heart stops as I notice black stripes and splotches on her thighs, forearms and throat. Blood. Blood everywhere on my girl.
Fuck, fuck, FUCK! What happened? What's happening?

I'm stuck here with that cunt, Barr's defense attorney, daughter of the general attorney himself, abducted on that purpose.
I can't get the fuck out of there, I have that whore to babysit, waiting for further instructions.

My jaws are painfully clenched, my fists need something to punch, I could crash my fucking phone with my bare hands but I need to make a call. It'd either end my career or my life but I have no choice.
FUCK! That's why it's irrelevant to develop relationships and feelings, now I have to choose Nicky over my fucking job, I'm so screwed.

"Vlad. Come here. Now."

****

It took Vlad forever to show up, it took me all I had to make him understand I had to go, it took all what was left of my patience to listen to his Russian/Albanian shit about not leaving my fucking post, for any reason.

"Beat it Vlad. Keep an eye on that bitch, that's all." I say, leaving.

"The Zec will not be pleased." He grunts.

Fuck you Vlad. Fuck that old piece of trash. I don't care. Let me check what happened to Nicky and I'm back to kill the whole world if you want me to.

Hold on Nicky.
I'm driving as fast as I could, fighting to not calling her. Fucking tracking system.

"Nicky!" I almost yell at her, the second I hop out of the car. My feet run and fly above the stairs until I reach the first floor and fall on my knees before her trembling self.

"I'm here. Nicky I'm here, everything is alright. Honey are you Ok?"
I feverishly comb her hair back, wipe her face from blood and tears, checking every piece of her to make sure she's not hurt. It seems the blood is not hers. Not only hers.

Before I know it, I'm kissing her forehead and rocking her gently, trying to calm her down.

Seriously what happened to her? And what happened to me?

"Nicky, talk to me. Please."

She then lifts her frightened gaze to me and fights to steady her breath so I can understand.

"Justin. He came back. He found me."

Oh shit, the phone call she received while I was leaving the restaurant.
Fucking bastard. Justin, how lame name for a dickhead.