Chapter 1

As I was walking home from the neighborhood café, I got an alarming text message from my father that read, "Julia.. Your mother and I need you to come home right away.. We all need to sit down and have a talk. Hurry home. Xoxo, dad." I could already tell this was going to be serious when he said Julia because they never call me Julia unless something is wrong; I'm usually called Jules.

When I read this message, I immediately quickened my pace and hurried home.

When I bursted through the front door, hastily and out of breath, my mother gestured me to sit down. As I was taking my seat, I could see the worried looks on each of my parents' faces.

"Honey," my mother began, "your father was offered a job in Virginia. We filed for a divorce prior to the job relocation offer, but when he was offered the job, we both decided that it was best for him to move."

I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. How could they do this to me? Why would they do this to me? I get lonely as an only child with no friends but now only one parent would be around. I'm so angry with them. I can't help but cry.

"Jules, you are 16 and old enough to decide who who want to live with. It's either with me in Virginia or with your mother here in North Carolina.." my dad said. I replied, "Nobody in school here likes me anyways, so I'll go with you dad." Now my dad was crying out of happiness but my mom was crying out of sadness. Great.

Next Day

Oh God, packing time. I have been dreading this all of today and last night.

As I was packing, I was watching Vines. More specifically, Matthew Espinosa's Vines. He's my all time favorite Viner, and I've been a 'Matt Girl' from the start. I love him more than I love Jack Gilinsky and Shawn Mendes combined. If only I could meet him.. Oh. My. God. Wait a minute! I'm moving to Virginia! Matt lives in Virginia! What if he go to the same school, what if we live in the same neighborhood? I'm so excited. No Jules, don't get your hopes up.

Now that I'm upset a little bit because I shouldn't get my hopes up, I decided to turn on my playlist of Shawn Mendes covers. His voice sounds like it was sent from Heaven. This really cheered me up. It made packing faster and easier.

"Jules, honey! Dinner is ready!" This was going to be our last family dinner before Dad and I moved. It seemed to go by quick because time flies when you're having fun. We spent over 2 hours just talking. It was so great. I'm going to miss my mom so much.

After dinner, I went up to my bedroom. I finished packing up the last of my things and then did my nightly routine.

As usual, I was in bed on my iPhone. I checked my Twitter and then went onto Vine and drifted off into a very deep sleep, but not before I set my alarm for 7:00am.