Chapter 3

Later the Same Day

After I brought everything to my room and unpacked my necessities, I decided to explore the neighborhood. I threw on high waisted acid washed denim shorts with a red and black flannel tied around my waist, but I kept on my grey crop top.

My dad was unpacking his room and bathroom so I left a note on the kitchen counter. Then, I grabbed my penny board and headed out the front door.

It was a really beautiful neighborhood; I didn't expect Virginia to be this pretty.

I passed this one house with what looked like a boy who was struggling with tightening the blots on the trucks of his penny board. I stopped riding, picked up my penny board, and walked over to see if he needed help, because I had done this myself many times.

His head was down looking at the board so I think I startled him a little bit because he didn't see me walk up. "Hey.. um I saw you having trouble and I know how to do this. I can help if you need it." He slowly looked up at me and my eyes grew wide. Oh my God. It's Matt Espinosa. I immediately started blushing when we locked eyes. He just held his gaze straight into my eyes. Wow. He's even more perfect in person.

Matt's P.O.V.

I heard a voice, a girls voice. I looked up slowly, and I saw these gorgeous long tan legs. I continued upwards and saw this tall, beautiful girl standing right in front of me. I was in staring in awe, straight into her eyes. "Oh.. um." was all I could manage to say. Come on Matt, you can do better, you idiot.

Julia's P.O.V.

"Oh.. um." Was all he said. Does he think I'm ugly? God, I hope not. Maybe I creeped him out. I started to turn around, and said, "Oh, sorry. You probably don't need my help.." As I was walking away, I felt a hand on my wrist. I looked back to see Matthew. His touch gave me butterflies. He let go of me and put his hand on the back of his neck while looking down. "Actually, I do need help.." He was blushing, he must be embarrassed.

I helped him fix his penny board. It went by with dead silence. It wasn't awkward though, it was basically a comfortable silence. Kind of peaceful.

As I stood up from the steps and was about to leave, he said, "Wait. I never got your name?" "Julia, but people usually call me Jules." He replied with, "Oh, that's a beautiful name. I'm Matthew but people usually call me Matt." he said with a wink. I just laughed. He looked confused. "I know who you are, Matt." "What how?" I laughed even harder. "I watch your Vines. You're my favorite Viner." He blushed. "Oh yeah.. I uhh.. forgot about that. I got caught up in all of your beauty for a moment." I laughed a little again. He's so sweet.

I turned and started skating away. "Will I see you again, Julia?" I heard Matt say. I looked back at him and saw hope in his eyes with a smile on his face and rosy red cheeks. He's so cute. "Maybe!" I called back with a smirk on my face.

Later that Night

Matt's P.O.V.

I was laying in bed awake. I couldn't sleep. All I could think about was Julia. She was so beautiful, but I could tell she didn't know that. She seemed different from all the other girls I met. There was something special about Julia.

I eventually drifted off into sleep with a smile on my face in hope of seeing her again.

Julia's P.O.V.

Matt was on my mind. I decided to watch his Vines. He was so perfect. I love him so much. Although, he would never even consider the thought of liking me. I didn't care. I had just met THE Matthew Espinosa; and he wanted to see me again. How crazy is that?! I had to text Sophia.

{Julia=J // Sophia=S}

J: hey soph, sorry i couldn't drop by today! i just got caught up with something and by the time i got home, it was dinner time!

S: it's all goooood jules! what'd u get caught up with? a boy?(;

J: yes actuallyyy! and u won't believe who :))))

S: who? spill!

J: matt espinosa!!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple seconds later I got a call from Sophia, who was screaming. I told her all about it. Then she told me how one of the MAGCON boys tweeted that they were all in town at Matt's house. We talked about it all until about 2:00am.

Virginia is the best thing that's happened to me. I can't believe I met my idol. Especially the first day I was here. What is happening?! I fell asleep peacefully. Best day ever.