Chapter Two

Chapter Two (Rex)

I assume the kid turning his back on me was meant to spite me, but little did he know that it just made me grin even more. His torn blue jeans hugged his hips nicely as he shifted around and leaned over the table to set the plates out. He was surprisingly small, and young. Not to mention, irresistably adorable. His hair was so dark and modernly styled so it clung to the nape of his neck, longer locks in front of his ears, his bangs brushed across his forehead and almost in his piercing green eyes.

I was never interested in brunettes before. I was always a blonde sort of man. Blondies were too innocent and fun to play with, but this brunette here... He was the first I'd found myself seriously attracted to. There was a time when I liked Vic, but I knew he'd never be able to put up with me in a romantic relationship, nor I him. Vic was too grown up for me.

Fantastic, now I sounded like a pedophile.

But! Thank Goodness this guy looked like he was legal age. He had to be in his twenties, maybe early thirties and hearing his Southern accent lilt was making my cock jump. I just watched in awed silence, sipping my beer as I watched Tristian move from side to side around the table, pausing to laugh every so often at something Ace said under his breath.

I could take a guess that it was about me, but I couldn't care less. Anything to hear this little angel laugh some more. I licked my lower lip, holding the nose of the bottle to my chin as I studied Tristian's movements.

I was a people watcher by nature, so this wasn't anything new. Except for the fact that I couldn't stop, even to take a drink or chat with Vic, who was still frying up the shrimp. Normally I'd be drooling over the food, but this time, I was drooling over the way Tristian was bent over, snatching up a napkin. He smirked at Ace before glancing up, accidentally catching my eye.

I smirked and he stiffened for a second before snapping his head the other way, muttering something under his breath before throwing the napkin in Ace's face. Ace snorted and scolded him for being a brat, to which Tristian returned with something smart-alecky.

"Don't you dare." Vic's voice cut into my watching as I finally tore my gaze away to look at Vic, who was glaring at me as he struggling to rip open the package of scallops. I cocked a brow, setting down my beer.

"Don't I dare what?" I asked innocently, reaching out and taking the package from him. I split it open easily, handing it back. Vic scowled, then dumped the scallops into a pan, using his wooden spoon to push them around.

"You know what I'm talking about. That territory is off limits for two reasons." He replied, making me frown. I dropped my head into my hands, resting my elbows on the counter.

"Don't tell me he's already taken or I'll cry." I complained. I finally found something of interest and someone already taken him? Unbelievable! I was relieved, though, when Vic shook his head.

"No, Rex. One, he's friends with Ace. We already established a "don't mess with my boyfriend's friends" rule. And two, Tristian's as straight as a board." He responded, making me laugh at that.

"Oh, Vicky--"

"Stop calling me that."

"You really need to learn about people more. We're natural hiders of secrets. I believe that everyone in the world is gay somewhere deep down inside. Some of us don't bother to explore that territory for numerous reasons and some of us think its fun to dig deeper until we decide it's the most comfortable of places." I explained, making Vic blink and look up straight ahead before glaring at me.

"Stay off Tristian." He commanded, waving his spoon at me. I pouted.

"Vic, that's not fair. You know how hard it is to find a guy like that at my age." I whined, dropping my hands to hit the counter loudly. Vic winced, glancing out into the dining room at Ace and Tristian, before looking back at me with a frown.