Chapter Six

Chapter Six (Tristian)

"So... Let me get this straight. He was bit by a spider and now he has super powers? I think he just needed an excuse to wear tights."

Seeing a movie was a bad idea, I thought with a grimace as I sank down in my seat, balancing a small bucket of popcorn on my knee and a Mountain Dew in the other. Rex kept asking the dumbest questions as the movie went on and thank goodness the movie had been out for a while so not that many people flooded the theater. Even so, Rex was driving me nuts because I could tell he was getting restless. I sighed, tilting my head to glance up at him-- seeing as I had sunk very low in my seat.

"If you don't wanna watch, we can leave." I deadpanned. Rex blinked, then smiled at me as he withdrew a Reese's.

"Of course I wanna watch. I've just never seen any of these sorta movies before and I'm lost half the time." He answered, then held the Reese's out to me. I frowned, cocking my head at him and he brought it to my lips. I hesitated, glancing around to see that everyone else was focused on the movie. I parted my lips and Rex slipped the Reese's into my mouth-- with his finger. I felt my face get hot as he pressed the chocolate and peanut butter around on my tongue before taking his finger out and putting it in his mouth.

"That's gross." I grumbled, looking away. Rex looked perplexed.

"Really? I love chocolate, peanut butter, and Tristian. Delicious combination." He added with a wink, making me shiver and look away. I tried to focus on the movie, but it was so hard now because I kept thinking about the incident in my apartment. The fact that I, again, came so easily like that was embarrassing. And with a guy no less!

Something about Rex was weird. He was trying to get in my pants and turn me gay-- or... Well, bring the gay out in me, but I couldn't possibly be gay. Of course I'd get horny when he did that! It was completely logical, right? I mean, if a girl had done it...

A girl wouldn't have done it, a voice in my head argued. Girls don't even like you anymore because you're too much of a shut in to enjoy them. That or you really are gay.

I squeezed my eyes shut, mentally trying to shoo the voice away as I took a deep breath. I couldn't be gay. I didn't like Rex like that and I think he was mixing up lust and love because we technically just met. You can't fall in love with someone that fast. Can you?

Then again. Rick claimed that he fell for Devin the moment he saw him.

Great. Another Rick. Just what I need.

Except, there was a difference in attitude, just not persistence. Rex wasn't mean or nasty. He was actually kind of nice and friendly, but it was the fact that he was persistent that freaked me out. You tell him no and he hears yes.

By the time the movie ended, I made a note to watch it again since I missed more than half of it because either Rex was talking or I was thinking. We threw our things away and headed outside to a cloudy day before Rex openly took my hand and started to take me down the sidewalk. I grimaced.

"Just cuz we're on a date don't mean you gotta do that." I grumbled, trying to wiggle my hand away from him, but he gripped me tightly and I winced, giving up in case he decided to crush my hand. Rex grinned.

"Of course I do. That way, the guy who's watching you doesn't think you're avaliable." He answered matter-of-factly. I blinked, caught off guard.

"What guy watchin' me?" I asked, confused. Rex raised an eyebrow.

"Sweetie, he's been watching you since we came out of the theater." He stated, his eyes drifting to something behind me. I passed a quick glance over my shoulder and sure enough, there was a guy staring at me and gave me a quick smile before he disappeared into one of the nearby shops.

To Be or Not to Be [boyxboy]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara