Chapter Five

Chapter Five (Tristian)

I didn't stay home once Ace dropped me off.

I just grabbed some cash and decided to make another candy run. I was also running out of microwave meals, so I made a mental note to grab those as well as I locked up my apartment and headed downstairs past the other apartments. I could faintly hear the couple four doors down screaming at each other over their baby. The husband went to my college and left his wife at home with the baby. They were younger than me and I felt sorry for them.

I walked past the schizophrenic that liked to go the mail boxes and touch each one of them before announcing some dribble about no ghosts before leaving. I stepped outside, relieved to breath in some air. It wasn't as nice as country air, but it was better than apartment air.

I was about to leave as I fished into my bag for my Gameboy when I suddenly felt someone's eyes on me and jerked my head up, almost dropping my game when I saw Anthony there, leaning against the side of the apartment building. He was wearing another silk Italian suit, a pair of black sunglasses on his head. A few people who passed looked at him in awe and flirtatiously, but I just looked away immediately. Of course, ignoring Anthony was a lot harder than I would've hoped.

"Hey, Tristian! I stopped by last night after you got out of work, but you weren't home. Where'd you go?" He asked nosily, but keeping his voice casual and calm. He slid his hands into the pockets of his pants, but he kept walking closer so he was almost bumping into me. I shut my game off and gave up ignoring him. I'd have to be mean, even though I really didn't want to.

"It's really none of yer business, Anthony. I ain't obligated to tell you were I been." I replied coldly. Anthony blinked, glancing at me before smirking.

"Ouch! That was cold, Tristian. I thought we were friends."

"I don't 'member sayin' we was friends."

"I thought it was unwritten."

"No, Anthony. Yer just usin' me to replace Vic cuz he and Ace hate you." I responded flatly, about to walk forward again, but Anthony stepped in front of me. I felt a chill course up my spine as I took a step away from him. He watched me closely and I could tell he was getting pissed from the look in his eyes, but his smile stayed plastered to his face.

"Using you? Tristian, I'm hurt. I actually like you. A lot. Enough to invite you out several times, but you keep turning me down. I'm not the one being rude here. You are. You need to work on your social skills." He sighed with a shrug.

Part of me felt stung by that. Yea, I wasn't the greatest talker in the world and I had the tendency to be sort of clueless and shy sometimes, but I didn't mean to be rude. I was only trying to get Anthony off my case and I hated myself for feeling guilty about getting nasty with him. I didn't say anything in response, though. Just bit my tongue as Anthony studied my face a little more before frowning suddenly.

"There's someone else." He decided. I blinked and stared at him in disbelief.

"What're you talkin' about?" I asked. Anthony snorted rudely and glared at me now, leaning in closer so I could smell the booze on his breath. Oh God. Someone really needs to report this guy. If I did it, I had no doubt he'd probably kill me for it, somehow. I'd seen way too many movies to know that.

"That's why you keep turning me down, right, hick? You found someone else's dick to jump on and you thought I wouldn't find out." He stated. I twitched at the insult and glared back at him. He wouldn't hurt me here, not in public, so I had to take my chance while I still had it.

"I ain't a hick, asshole! I bet yer life's savin's that I'm smarter than you! And I think I fuckin' told you that I ain't no fuckin' homo! So leave me alone before I call the cops!" I snapped angrily, making Anthony reel back in surprise. Several people on the sidewalks stopped to stare and I suddenly felt the self-consciousness return with a vengence as I stepped away from Anthony.