Part 9

Characters: reader, Bucky (Jimmy), Wanda, Clint.

Summary: Discovering the cute guy you just flirted with is the heir of a rival bakery, you suddenly find yourself running into him all over the city. Can your small boutique bakery compete? And how do you deal with the guy who seems determined to make your life a living hell? Luckily you're distracted by a secret admirer...But who is he? (Inspired by "You've Got Mail", Enemies to Lovers)

Warnings: none! Mild swearing?

Word Count: 2.1k

A/N: Ummmm. So, yeah. :) I know, there's been so much anticipation leading up to this part!! Just know that there's a lot more story coming and just trust me, it'll all work out. I'm actually still on vacation as you read this so I can't wait to get home tomorrow to read all your reactions!! I love you all. As always, any feedback is adored and appreciated!! <3

_____________________________

The afternoon went by in a blur as you tried your best to work quickly and efficiently until your date. The lunch rush came and went, followed by a short lull in customers so during that time, you baked extra back-up for Wanda to fill the pastry case with while you were gone. Another short rush came so you went up front to help. As 3pm neared, Wanda basically shoved you out the door so you could get ready and head over to the cafe.

You didn't have time to fully shower and do your hair, but you cleaned up as best you could and made sure there wasn't any flour or cake batter visible. Slipping on your favorite Beatles shirt, you paired it with a comfortable but flattering pair of jeans and cute shoes you could walk in. Putting on makeup for the first time in a while, you liked the way it accented your features and made you feel more dressed up than you were. With one more primp of your hair, you grabbed a jacket and headed down the stairs onto the sidewalk.

As you walked past the bakery, Wanda waved and gave you a thumbs up, which you returned. You arrived at the Hawk's Nest with 10 minutes to spare, so you looked around to carefully select a table.

"Welcome to the Hawk's Nest, can I help you?"

Whirling to face the familiar voice you laughed. "Clint, it's me."

The blond's eyes widened. "Y/N? Wow, you look great! I mean...you look different."

You just shrugged with a smile. "You mean I'm actually wearing something without flour on it and put makeup on for once?"

He smiled sheepishly. "Well, it's a good look. What brings you here in the afternoon?" Clint asked, walking around the counter to clear one of the tables covered in coffee mugs.

"Actually," you said nervously, "I'm meeting someone. Sort of a...blind date?"

Clint offered an encouraging smile as he stepped closer. "That's great, Y/N! You work too hard. I hope it works out for you," he said with a friendly squeeze of your arm.

"Thanks, Clint," you smiled shyly and headed for a table.

You sat at a table for two with your chair facing the door. Checking the clock again, it was eight minutes until 4pm. Fidgeting nervously, you pulled your jacket open so your shirt was visible, but then decided to take the jacket off entirely and placed it on the back of your chair. You straightened the sugar packets in their small container on the table and brushed away any crumbs visible. A voice nearby spoke then, making you jump.

"Hey, Y/N," Clint began, noticing your jumpy behavior. "Whoa, sorry. I guess you don't need this coffee, since you seem pretty alert already, but here's your usual. It's on the house." He placed the coffee drink on the table with a wink and then walked away.