23

"D-dad."

"Hello, Jeongguk."

"What are you doing here?" Jeongguk took a step back as his dad took one forward into the apartment.

"You thought you could run? I'm here to take you with me." His father took another step towards him.

"N-no! You can't do that to me anymore." Jeongguk stared into his father's eyes, refusing to back down.

"Oh? Is that so? Is that what your little boyfriend told you?" He took two more steps forward.

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave, this isn't your property," Taehyung directs towards Jeongguk's father, arms crossed.

"I'll stay here as long as I like, you have a piece of my propety under your roof." He nods his head towards his son.

"You still can't come in he-"

"Shut. It." Taehyung flinched back at the man's demanding tone, shooting a look towards Hoseok who sneakily snuck his way into the back hallway. The man returned his attention to the boy in front of him.

Jimin watched as Jeongguk bit his bottom lip into his mouth, revealing the delicate mole beneath the edge of his lip. His nervous chewing brought small dew droplets of blood onto his lip. He watched as Jeongguk's eyes slightly widened as his father took another step, hand pulsing, waiting to grab his son and drag him away forever. Jimin couldn't just watch anymore.

Jimin pushed in between the two bodies, hands against the chest of Jeongguk's father. He gave a shove which allowed for some space to be put between the family members.

"You aren't taking him anywhere, and he is not your property." Jimin's eyes darkened, protective nature taking over.

"Is this the queer? The one who ruined my son? How fucking dare you show your face."

Jimin felt a burning hot sensation across his right cheek. He delicately placed his fingers on it, feeling the rise of the skin underneath his touch. The purple already began to take over his face, spreading to his eye, making it almost unrecognizable.

Jeongguk's eyes fog over, his subconscious reminded about the same wound given to his mother the night before she got deathly ill. His hands shake involuntarily and a sweat covers the edge of his hairline, slowly dripping down his face.

"How dare you show your face. Jeongguk doesn't need you. Get the fuck out." Jimin spat out, disgust laced in his words, no sign of the childish and playful Jimin in sight.

"Move. I'm taking him with me." Jeongguk's father shot a warning glare towards Jimin, who had no intentions of moving out of the way.

"I'll never move." Jimin's jaw was clenched, ready to do anything to protect Jeongguk.

As his father's fist pulled back a second time, prepared to do more damage than the first, Jeongguk violently snapped out of his trance and pounced into action.

He flipped Jimin so he was now standing behind him, completely covered within Jeongguk's larger frame. He caught his dad's fist in his hand, flexing his entire arm to stop the force.

Jeongguk spoke, each word drenched in anger, "Don't you dare lay another hand on him." Jeongguk squeezed tighter on the captured fist. "I may have not been able to save mom from you but I can save him. I've been training you know, ever since that day. I'm not letting you hurt the people I love anymore. You're not my father, you're just a stranger who tried to control my life." Jeongguk released the fist, his father backing up a few steps.

"You're not as weak as you used to be, Jeongguk. You've grown. However, I'm still taking-"

Blue and red flashing lights fluttered in through the windows, pouring over his father's shocked features.

"You called the cops?" Jeongguk's father raised his eyebrow, scoffing in disbelief.

The policemen begin to flood into the apartment, restraining Jeongguk's father in tight handcuffs. Paramedics surround Jimin and assess his injury. Investigators flock to Jeongguk and Taehyung, questioning the situation at hand and any previous incidents.

Hoseok runs out from the back hallway, encasing Taehyung in a hug and then Jeongguk.

"I called them and they said it would take a bit but they would be here. I'm sorry Jimin got hurt before that."

Jimin walked over to the three, holding an icepack to his swollen eye. "Don't worry about it, at least we're all safe now. By the way, it's nice to finally meet you Hoseok. Although I feel like I already know you." Jimin chuckles softly as Jeongguk stares at his boyfriend, worry clouding his eyes as he stares at the bruise spreading out past the cold pack.

His hand gently reaches out, touching the small area underneath his eye. Jimin flinches slightly and then looks at Jeongguk, who's features are painted with concern.

Jimin takes Jeongguk's hand in his own, intertwining their fingers. He rests his head on Jeongguk's shoulder and breathes deeply.

"It's all over. You don't have to be scared anymore." Jimin glances sideways up at Jeongguk.

His voice, barely a whisper, murmurs out, "I love you." He takes Jimin's face in his hands before repeating his statement more clearly. "I love you, Park Jimin." He passionately kisses Jimin, sliding his arm around his dainty waist, ice pack forgotten on the tile floor.

"I love you too, Jeon Jeongguk." Jimin kisses Jeongguk again and covers his face in tiny pecks.

A loud voice interrupts the moment, "Wow. They grow up so fast." Taehyung fake cries beside the two, Hoseok mirroring the boy next to him.

Both Jimin and Jeongguk look over to them before bursting out into laughter.

"So now that that's all over, do you guys want to go home? I want to spend some quality time with Hoseok, if you know what I mean." Taehyung sends a wink to the couple, earning a groan and a scowl from the two.

"Okay okay, we're going. Thanks again for letting us come here." Jimin says before sliding his shoes on, preparing to enter the comfort of his own home. Taehyung nods and waves goodbye to both of them before shutting the door securely.

Jimin and Jeongguk, hand in hand, walk towards Jimin's car. They settle down into the leather seats and take a few deep breaths. They look into each other's eyes and everything else disappears, the sunrise behind them fading out in the presence of each other.

"You know my offer of moving in with me still stands. Just putting that out there." Jimin states as he turns the ignition, the car rumbling to life.

"Offer accepted. Let's go home." Jeongguk responds, feeling exhaustion overtake his senses. However, the exhaustion is overpowered by the realization that a heavy weight has been replaced on his chest with an airy feeling, a good feeling.

Jeongguk closes his eyes in content as the smell of daisies passes through his nose, reminding him that he'll never truly be alone.

• • •