how it all started

Alex

It all started when Marie and Kace started dating.

Marie was one of the girls I dance with and Kace was a worker at the pizzeria, aka Le Vera Pizza, that we go to way to often during our breaks between dance classes.

They slowly fell in love because they were both so desperate for love and attention that they found a common interest that they'd soon bond over, and then continue finding common interests, and interests that weren't so common, that they'd learn to love about each other.

And I soon learnt to love them both as one and associate them together. Marie was always the mom of the friend group, she always made sure we had everything we need and made us put on sunblock and other typical mom things, and Kace, I realized would be like the overprotective dad. Whenever I mentioned a boy I liked, he'd run a full background check, and whenever I had a bad day, he'd always ask if I was okay. Maybe it was because I was the youngest of the group or maybe it was because I'm on of Marie's friends, I was never quite sure.

"I loveeee you" I heard Marie whisper into Kace's ear, "No I love youuuu" Kace said, but a little louder. Me and Diane gave each other a look. We do this every time Marie and Kace get all lovie-dovie (which is more often then any of us care to admit).

Diane is tall and is constantly changing her hair. She once said to me; hair grows back, so I'll do what I want with it. And that inspired me to also cut my once gorgeously long, golden hair to a short bob that falls just above my shoulders.

"Alright Marie, wrap it up, we should probably head back." Diane said after another moment of listening to their constant confessions of their love that they posses for each other. "Okayy, bye Kace." Marie said all flirty, ending it with a simple peck, and then turning on her heels back to us.

Diane and I just waved to Kace and the other workers that we somehow also became friends with simply through how often we visit the pizzeria.

We make our way back to the tragic little dance studio that we all grew to hate as the years went on but only continued to dance there because it's too late to switch to a different studio. "Wait, what class is tonight?" I ask, and they both sigh, but only Marie answers. "Tap, just like it is every week on Wednesday nights."