A Young Assassin's Beginning

Damian Wayne was a boy. Not a normal boy, though. He was the grandson of Ra's al Ghul, the leader of the League of Assassins, the son of Talia al Ghul, leader of the Leviathan Organization, and son of the Batman, the greatest hero to ever live, the world's best detective. So, when Damian was comfortably training in the comfort of his Grandfather's compound, he was surprised to hear he would be going to America of all places. The land of mediocrity.

"I know you don't want to, but you can learn a lot from your father." Damian's mother was explaining to him that it would be a good learning experience to live with his father for a bit. Damian had heard stories about him. The man sounded amazing. Damian wanted to be Batman when he grew up. He'd be Batman and Ra's and leader of Leviathan. He'd be the most powerful man on earth. Damian nodded in response to his Mother's comment and went to pack his bags.

...

The plane ride to Gotham was smooth enough. Damian enjoyed it because his mother let him sit with her. Oftentimes they'd sit apart, but she allowed it since he wouldn't be seeing her for awhile. He laid his head in her lap and listened to her breathing. He loves he way she breathes. It is strong and confident.

There was a group made up of an old man, a middle aged man, a young man, and a teenager waiting outside the plan when Damian and his mother got off. His mother kissed the middle aged man, he must be Damian's father, Billionaire Bruce Wayne and the Batman. He assumed the older man was Alfred Pennyworth, his father's servant and the boys were the adopted sons of his father.

Damian couldn't help but be jealous of these boys. His father chose them. Damian was being forced upon him. He hoped he could make his Father proud.

The young man came up to Damian first. He had olive colored skin and bright blue eyes, he looked to be of Romanian descent. He wore a big smile when he came up to Damian and crouched down to meet the boy's eye level. "Hi, Damian," he said kindly, "I'm Dick! Well, my name is actually Richard John Grayson, but my friends and family call me Dick. You can too!" The man had a mouth on him, Damian could tell that much. Damian gave him a small wave and a smirk. The man's smile was contagious.

His mother took his hand and led him to the rest of the family since Damian obviously wasn't going to do it himself. The other boy smiled and waved shyly. He wasn't sure that his mother trusted the two boys. He'd find out later.

"I'm Tim," the younger boy said softly. Damian nodded in acknowledgment. The teenager smiled.

"This is your father, Ibn," Damian's mother said proudly. Damian sized him up. He thought the man would be taller. Damian bowed, as was customary for one to do when seeing a superior. Damian's father smiled awkwardly.

"Hi, Damian," he said quickly. Damian nodded.

"You don't talk," Tim questioned. Talia glared at him. Damian had never talked. All his other development was normal. His mother assumed something had went wrong. He was grown in vitro, so anything could have happened. Damian was pretty sure he could speak, he just never tried before. His Grandfather, Ra's, said that silence was his friend, so not talking did not matter too much. Also, that it would make people fear him more.

"Leave him alone, Timmy," the older young man, Dick, said.

"Well, I must be going." Talia pulled her hand away, but Damian didn't let go. She squeezed his hand lightly. He noticed what he was doing and pulled his away. Talia have Damian a kiss on the forehead. "Father and I will contact you," she said evenly. Then she was gone.

They arrived at the manor shortly after. It was late and almost time for patrol, so the boys and Bruce had to leave. It bothered Bruce that they couldn't understand the boy. He obviously could understand English. He wrote Arabic, but that was one of the only common languages Bruce didn't know.