A Young Assassin's Meeting with a Princess

Jason was sitting in the living room with his family watching a movie. He never thought he'd ever do that again since his dad left. In a way, Damian's arrival paved the way for Jason's return. He began to have an excuse to be around. Then, he realized he kinda liked being around. He mostly came for Damian, but the rest of the family wasn't too bad either.

Bruce also felt as Jason did. Jason now left the manor with a 'Goodbye' instead of an astoundingly creative expletive. Damian brought to light a softer, more nurturing side of Jason that wasn't as abrasive and belligerent. Bruce liked having his second son around again.

Damian wanted to go home. Gotham was okay. He got to see Jason more, but he was bored of being in the house all day. His mother usually took him on every other business trip she took. Plus, his grandfather sent Demon's fist, Damian's team, out bimonthly on missions. He couldn't communicate with his 'family' for the first two months he was here, and even when he did, he found them to be a bit irksome. Being in Gotham was boring, but Damian's mother and grandfather wanted him here, so he would stay.

...

"Damian," Bruce said. Damian stopped training and turned around. He went up to his father, signed a greeting, and bowed. His father blushed at that. "So, Superman, he wants the League to... well, meet you. I think he's being stupid, so you can say no, but everyone really wants to. Some of the have kids, nieces, and nephews in the vigilante business around your age too. You could make friends." Damian looked at his father, trying to see if the man was serious. It seemed that he was. Damian nodded, wanting to please his father, and returned to training. He could hear his father let out a big breath as he walked away.

...

Damian stood by his father and brothers' side when they got to the Hall of Justice. Damian had no idea why the league wanted to meet him. For all he knew, they could know he's Heir to the Demon and try to influence him.

The Superman came in first. "Hi, Damian," he said sweetly. He crouched down to the boy's eye level. Damian hated when people did that. It made him appear small and childish, more so than he already did anyway. Damian nodded. Superman held his hand out and Damian shook it. "The Justice League is really excited to meet you!" Damian fought the urge to roll his eyes and nodded again. "Batman," Superman said excitedly, "He's so cute."

"Clark," Bruce said, "Shut up."

"Names," Tim interjected.

"I know," Bruce said in his Batman voice.

"I'll go get the guys!" Superman practically ran out. A minute later, tons of people entered the room. They got kind of close to Damian, but most people were too scared of his father to touch the cute boy. Damian stood stiffly and kept drifting closer and closer to Jason. After most of the people left, the Bat Family stood in front of Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Flash.

"You look like a warrior. I'm a warrior," Diana said proudly. Damian smirked and nodded.

"She's a princess," Jason whispered.

"I have a nephew about your age. His name is Wally. You should meet him!" Barry was excited. Superman tried to touch Damian's hair and the boy threw a Kryptonite ninja star at him. Barry caught and got rid of it before it hit the man. "Did you just try to kill Superman?" Barry as gaping. Diana looked at him with intrigue.

"Use your words," Dick reminded Damian. Jason laughed then.

"Good job," Jason said. Diana went up to the boy and picked him up. Surprising everyone, Damian let her. He liked princesses.

"Your boy is skilled, Bruce," she said admiringly.

"Why can she hold you, but I can't get near you," Superman complained.