A Young Assassin Meets the Team

Tim had to take Damian with him when he went to Mt. Justice because everyone else was busy or gone. Damian was well behaved, so Tim didn't mind. He wore a domino instead of his Mini Hood costume from last time. When Tim's name was announced, the Team rushed to meet him there. "Hey, guys," Tim said.

"Hey, Rob," Impulse said excitedly. "You brought the kid! He's soooo cute!" Impulse tried to pick Damian up, but the boy dodged.

"I'm M'gann," the Martian said sweetly. She was wondering what traumas the boy has gone through to have the images she saw in his head. He nodded and scooted closer to Tim. They wondered why he seemed scared of them. He could obviously beat them all I combat. Damian formally met the rest of the team.

Damian found the team to be quite immature. They were loud and had bad manners. He wondered why Tim liked them so much. Superboy, Kon, didn't like Damian. Damian didn't care.

"Cool doll, kid," Impulse said to Damian about the Red Hood doll. Damian nodded. "Wanna see something cool?" Damian shrugged. Impulse sped away and came back with an older man who looked just like him. "This is my cousin, Wally."

"Dude! I was in the middle of a test," Wally yelled.

"Don't you want to meet your best friend's little brother?" Wally looked down at Damian. He smiled and waved. Damian knew about Wally. He'd even heard Dick on the phone with him before, but he'd never met him. Damian shook Wally's hand.

"I'm Wally, Dick's friend," he said kindly.

"Do you talk," Bart asked Damian. Everyone was cared to ask Damian or Tim he question. Damian shook his head. "That's crash." Bart ran away then. It was just Wally and Damian now.

"So," Wally said, scratching he back of his head. Damian pulled out a notebook. "Dick said you're in the League of Shadows." Damian nodded. "I think the leader is in the light. We've been trying to infiltrate them for years."

He's my grandfather. Damian wrote in his notebook.

"Oh," Wally said. "Really? You've got no chance in life." Damian looked perplexed. "No offense, I just mean— well, you're dad's Batman and you're grandad's Ra's al Ghul. I got out of the hero business. Are you going to be Robin or anything?" Damian shook his head.

Tim is Robin.

"Dick and Jason used to be Robin. Daddybats may make you Robin one day. How old are you?" Damian shrugged.

It's complicated. Wally nodded. Nightwing walked in then.

"Walls, I'm hurt," Dick joked. "Hey, Dami." Damian waved. "Why're you here?"

"Bart dragged me here. I was in the middle of test, so I guess my grade's going down." Dick chuckled. Wally noticed the bruises on Dick's face and bandages. "Where were you?"

"Nowhere."

"Doesn't look like nowhere." Damian looked Dick over.

Why'd Mother come after you? Dick froze.

"She— It wasn't her."

"His mom," Wally questioned.

I can tell it was her. She told me your left knee had less dexterity than your right and that hitting that would make it easier to take you down.

"Okay, it was your mom. No biggie."

"His mom tried to kill you and it's 'no biggie?'"

"It was probably a misunderstanding." Damian pulled his phone and called his mom.

"My love," she said lovingly.

Why'd you attack Grayson, he signed.

"Your father and I had a disagreement."