Damon Salvatore

You walked into the Salvatore house confidently, desperate to hear the soft chatter of your best friends next to the fireplace

But you were met with silence, your eyebrows furrowed together as you hesitantly made your way to the living room. The Boarding house was cold and lonely.

"Damon?"you called out.

"In here"the Vampire answered immediately.

Relief washed over you and a smile made its way onto your face when you saw your best friend standing in front of the fire.

"Hey what was the urgent text about?"you asked confused.

"We have a problem"Damon sighed quietly.

Normally when there was a problem in Mystic falls Damon would rage and make mistakes that you would later have to clear up. But this time he seemed more composed and quiet.

"Right we have another problem"you repeated sighing, you rubbed your hands on your jeans before sitting down on the sofa.

"Where are the others?"you questioned, looking around the room.

"Going about their business"Damon replied solemnly.

"Do they know that we have a pr-

"No, they don't and they aren't going to know this is to do with me. Just me"Damon spoke out.

"Damon what's going on?"you were starting to get scared. You were surprised because whenever there was a problem with Damon he would make it everyone else's problem.

"It's Katherine, she's back and the bitch wants me dead or alive preferably dead"he stated before taking a glass and filling it to the brim with alcohol.

Your heart sank when he said those words.

You and Damon had slaved away for years trying to get rid of Katherine, and when hell finally opened their doors you both took the chance to shove her down there. For good. Or so you thought.

Now Katherine was back for revenge.

"Why isn't she after me? I mean we worked together to get rid of her"you pointed out as you took the glass from his hands, downing the last of his drink.

"I made a deal with the devil"Damon explained.

"You did WHAT?!"you almost choked on your words.

"I made a deal with Cade, that if Katherine was to ever escape hell then I would bring her back to him, but she would only remember my part to play in her downfall"He stated.

Your mind started to spin.

"Are you insane?! Why would you do that?!"

"To protect you"Damon smiled up at you sadly, his hand gently hovered over yours.

You glanced down and slowly lifted your hand into his. Your fingers intertwining together.

"Damon I knew what I was signing up for when I became your friend, I'm going to help you with this"you demanded.

"No y/n-

"Damon you wouldn't have called me here if you didn't want me to be involved, I think I would have been livid if you didn't tell me"you said softly.

"I had- I have a plan. It's stupid and it's dangerous and I should never have come up with it especially when it could get us both killed it was selfish of me to think that you would want to do it"Damon shook his head.

"Look, just tell me the plan"you quickly said.

Damon took half an hour explaining the plan, and after he was done you looked at him with widened eyes.

"You really think it will work?"you bit your lip curiously.

"I've thought about it so many times and if we pull it off, this could be it. Katherine free for the rest of our lives"

"Damon-

"Y/n, just hear me out you're my best friend and you know that I would do anything for you, I would go to the ends of the earth for you. I would die for you. When I heard that Katherine was back I was ready to just surrender because I didn't want her back in Mystic falls near you. But then I thought of this plan and I knew that if there was any chance that I could live and spend the rest of my days with you then I would take that chance"Damon explained, He was pouring his heart out to you and you were speechless.

"I would take that chance because I'm in love with you y/n and I wouldn't want to die or live for anyone else... well apart from Stefan on a good day"he gripped onto your hand as he confessed everything.

"Damon I love you too, and this is the most craziest plan you've ever had I mean it's practically suicide but count me in, damn it count me in because your the only thing I care about and if Katherine does manage to get the better of us then I'm glad we get to go together. The way it's always been"your heart exploded in your chest, you were happy that you could finally spill your emotions.