|chapter ten|

A/n: Smuttiness. So much smut.

"I think it's time we talk," was his only reply.

"About what?" I asked hesitantly.

"I'm a spy, Kathryn. I relay information to Dumbledore about the Dark Lord."

"And what do you get in return? How has Voldemort not found out? It seems unlikely he'd be so blind."

"A long time ago, Dumbledore agreed to protect someone I cared about if I agreed to spy on Voldemort. Voldemort believes I am spying on Dumbledore. I relay what Dumbledore wishes for me to," Severus replied. I didn't say anything for a moment, allowing myself to process this new information.

"So Dumbledore protected them then? The person you cared for?" I asked.

"To the best of his ability."

"Are you saying..?"

"She died.," he replied. She? A pang of jealously hit me, but I silently scolded myself for being jealous of a dead woman. The pain in his dark eyes made it obvious he still wasn't over it.

"I'm sorry," I replied lamely, unsure of how to respond. "If Dumbledore couldn't hold up his end of the bargain why did you continue to help him?...What was her name?"

"I'd rather not discuss it."

"Oh, okay."

I didn't want to push him to talk about something that clearly upset him, so I changed the subject back to Voldemort. "So, if you're a spy.. That means you're a Death Eater.. Were you one before your agreement with Dumbledore?"

"Yes."

"Okay, then," I said with a nod. Severus looked at me curiously.

"That's it? You aren't upset? You don't have more questions?" He asked, surprised.

"You were honest with me. I'm not going to push you to talk about something that makes you uncomfortable," I answered and placed a kiss on his cheek. As I pulled away, Severus cupped his hand around the back of my neck and kissed me. I released a small hum of contentment and could feel him smirk against my lips.

Deciding to take control of the situation, I shifted so that I was now straddling his lap and deepened the kiss. I ran my fingers through his hair and tugged it gently. His hands rested on each of my hips, his thumbs massaging circles over my skin beneath my t-shirt. I couldn't stop the low moan that escaped me as his tounge massaged my own. I pressed closer against him, desperate for more.

His hardening bulge beneath me told me that he was enjoying this as much as I was. I bucked my hips slightly, desperate for some kind of friction to relieve of ache building up. Severus groaned at my actions, his hips flexing up to meet mine, spurring me on. I continued to grind against him, moaning into his mouth. I fumbled for the buttons of his shirt, but his hand caught one of mine as he pulled back from the kiss.

I could feel his heart racing beneath my palm. His dark eyes seemed impossibly darker as they burned into mine. He stood suddenly, sliding his hands beneath my ass, holding me up. I wrapped my legs tightly around his waist and crashed my lips back against his.

He carried me through the house, never once breaking the kiss until he kicked a door open and placed me on a bed. His bed. Something about that seemed to only turn me on more. He climbed onto the bed, hovering over me and supporting him weight on his forearm.

We undressed each other in a frenzy, clothes flying in different directions as they were tossed carelessly from our spot on the bed until the only thing separating a bodies was the thin layers of undergarmets.