Chapter 1

"It's been a while Chat Noir." Marinette said not even looking up to meet his gaze as she sat in her seat on the roof.

The tone in her voice made Chat feel uneasy. She was not happy to see him.

"How long has it been?" She sighed while standing up and walking to the railing to overlook the view of the city. "Months ? A year ? More than that?"

Chat dropped from his perch where he was watching her. "Princess I-"

Marinette stuck out her hand to silence him, her eyes stayed locked on the sight of Paris. "I don't want to hear it. Where have you been? You knew I moved back in with my parents, you knew where I was, you still save Paris with Ladybug every day!" She gripped the railing harder and harder with every word. Her eyes began to burn.

Guilt began to rise in Chats chest.

Marinette turned to look up at him, tears swelling up in her eyes. "Why did you disappear on me then? Did I really not mean anything to you?"

She hates what he did to her. She was angry at herself for letting Chat Noir effect her emotions like this. When they were together Marinette was infatuated with him. They both were.

But after he stopped seeing her, after weeks of crying herself to sleep and being angry with not only Chat but herself for being weak. Marinette knew she was stronger than that. She wasn't about to let some ally cat control her
life.

His heart ached as he sunk down to his knees, wrapping his arms around Marinette and burying his face into her stomach. "Mari, please, don't cry please! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," he choked out.

She grabbed his shoulders and pushed him away. "Don't touch me Chat," she said kneeling down to see his face.

He kept his eyes on the ground.

"Why?" She asked sounding hurt and disgusted. "Why come back now?"

Chat didn't respond.

"Don't you understand how much that hurt? You just picking up and leaving me without a word ? After all the time we spent together? After months of being together! And you just disappear from my life for over a year! Then you show up out of the blue on my roof like everything is okay ?"

Marinette could feel the heat and anger rush to her cheeks. Yelling at him wouldn't get any answers out as a sly cat like him. As much as she hated it, she knew she had to persuade him in another way.

She took a breath so that her voice would lower while leaning into Chat so she could brush a stray bang away from his eyes. She put her lips to his ears and whispered. "So I'm going to ask you again. Why are you here Chat Noir?"

He muttered under his breath not wanting to meet her eyes.

"What was that?" Marinette said stroking the back of her soft hand down his jawline just to get under his skin. "I'm sorry I yelled," she purred. He clinched his hands at the touch.

"I missed you," he said, his voice was barely a whisper.

Marinette cracked an evil smile. "Oh come on Chaton, I can barley hear a word you're saying." She dragged a finger under his chin and tilted his head up so he was force to look her in the eyes. "Sorry you're going to have to speak up."

Chat's eyes widen and his bottom lip quivered as he looked up into Marinette's bright blue eyes.  He threw his head down in defeat. "I missed you!" His hand slammed into the hard floor. "I know that I hurt you and that I left without any notice but...I couldn't stay away."

Marinette's stood up her face was as stern as a wall. "That's all I needed to hear," her voice stung Chat in the worst way.  She turned and walked away, leaving him at her feet.