The Water Fountain

A/N

This was inspired by the song The Water Fountain by Alec Benjamin. It's linked above.

Maya POV

~Flashback~

"I love you Maya. I do. I don't love Lucas. I don't." She takes a drink from the water fountain and walks away to her next class. She's so innocent. It's really lovely how innocent she is. But I know better. I know Lucas won't let her go, not until he gets what he wants.

Riley POV

Lucas handed me this cup and told me to drink. The liquid is sweet, but burns when it goes down my throat. There's something else in it. My vision is blurring and I check the time. A quarter past ten.

"Riley come dance!" He demands as he pulls me into him. He rubs his hands all over my body. He's forcing me to sway my hips back and forth. It feels so dirty when he touches me. Slowly the alcohol takes over and I forget that it's him. I feel like my actions may be hurting someone and just let go of the thought.

Now he's grabbing my hips, and pulling me in. He forces his face against mine in a rough, sloppy kiss. He's kissing my lips. He pulls away and whispers in my ear.

"You're such a good girl Riley. I love you. You're my everything." I smile, but I know he's just drunk and I shouldn't listen. I should have met her by the water fountain. I couldn't be at home because it made me feel alone. I was too young for him to do that. She was too young for him to do that.

Maya POV

I'm sitting by the water fountain, alone because she didn't show up.

I should've built a home with a fountain for us, the moment she told me she was in love, but we were too young.

And if she ever comes back to the water fountain, this handle will be broken and rust set in. But my hands will be here. It will be open and I'll try to fix it. My heart will be open and I'll try to give it.

~Daydream~

"Maya?"

"Riley..." I stare at her for a moment before we both rush to each other's embrace. Now I'm grabbing her hips and pulling her in. I'm kissing her lips. It's sweet and soft and slow and full of passion, nothing like Lucas' kisses. "I love you too Riley," I whisper in her ear.

I know it's just a wish, and we're not by the water fountain.