Part 4

I forgot I even made this.

The air felt dry against the Adrien's skin, he could almost taste the panic in the air.

Chat was perched on a flickering lamp post, looking at the bakery pensively as he waited for his princess to emerge.

It gave him time to think about his next move, claws making soft clinks against the glass of the encased bulb.

He needed to snatch Ladybug's earrings, take Marinette, and get the hell out of town. The main problem was how.

The white cat boy wasn't totally oblivious to Marinette's dislike towards him as an akuma, he had to be careful, careful that his clever Princess didn't fool him.

His white synthetic tail twitched, something the fake appendage wasn't able to do as Chat Noir. The snowy ears on top his head did move, but they didn't help his hearing, because, they were magically glued to his hair. Duh.

The blonde stiffened, he was being watched, he could feel it. Relaxing his shoulders, Chat chose the cool approach, and continued to act as though he was oblivious.

Chat stretched, arms raised above his head, as he yawned.

He then heard the familiar whir of Ladybug's yoyo. Faster than she could comprehend, the former superhero bent his arms at a 45 degree angle and caught the binding weapon that was originally intended for his arms. He looked in the direction of the wire and waved smugly, silver claws shining.

Bingo.

With a sharp tug, the spotted heroine lost her footing, and was sent tumbling from off the lip of the building. Ladybug landed harshly on the pavement, feet skidding before she came to a complete stop.

The dark haired teen looked up at her akumatized partner, determination and fear in her blue eyes. Her black signature ponytails were ruffled, and she felt shaken.

This person wasn't her partner anymore, he was her enemy, and this time, she didn't know if she could beat him.

"I'm kind of on a tight schedule," Chat hissed, lip curled upwards in distaste, "So save yourself the energy and give up now."

Ladybug scoffed, "You know me better than that Chaton." She spread her feet apart and yanked her yoyo back from his lax grip, "You'll have to take it from me."

He grinned wickedly, "I would never turn down an offer like that, LB."

Ladybug paused, how would she be able to pull this off? He knew all of her attacks by muscle memory.

Being an akuma has probably enhanced his natural abilities.

The two stood, frozen, seeing who would strike first.

Chat lunged, baton aimed to knock out her legs. Reflexes kicked in, ladybug jumped back to avoid the weapon, feeling the harsh wind from the force of his swing brushing against her shins. He wasn't playing to stop her, he wanted to snap her in half. Chat continued relentlessly, attacking her with controlled rage, eyes burning into her soul with a scorching intensity.

A desperate fear latched onto her heart with an iron grip as he reached to her with outstretched claws, Ladybug clumsy lept to the left to evade him. She tumbled into a curb painfully, the red spotted yoyo clacking on the cobbled streets, away from her grasp.

She scrambled to her fallen weapon while she heard Chat moving quickly, probably realizing what she was after, but Ladybug wasn't fast enough to grab the weapon, watching her akumatized partner stomp on the yoyo, crushing it under his boot.

The spotted heroin looked up to Chat's face, his sneer sending shivers down her spine.

"I wouldn't have been able to use that useless thing anyways," He told her, crouching down to meet her eyes. "Now it's time I crush you," He yanked her up by the arms to stand, "Ladybug,"

Her brain scrambled to think as he squoze tighter, teeth bared in malicious glee, her heart froze in terror.

"What about Marinette!" The words tumbled out of her mouth.

His grin disappeared, "What did you say?" He spat.

She was grasping at straws now, "she must be worried, and- and I obviously can't beat you, so what is the u-use in..." she trailed off, unable to say the words. Chat payed her words no mind, "You-!" He interrupted himself to heave her over a car hood in his rage, "I'll deal with you later!" Chat snapped viciously. He took off towards the bakery, using his baton.

Ladybug picked herself up on wobbly legs, the adrenalin was wearing off into sharp aching all over her body, but she had to make it to her home before he did.

She ran faster then she ever had before, taking back alleyways that she knew where shortcuts to the back entrance of the bakery. Unfortunately, she could hear him calling out her name by the time her destination came into view. Ladybug knew she couldn't sneak into her room without her seeing him, so she thought of something else.

Quickly detransforming and hiding Tikki in her coat, she sprinted out of the alley, catching Chat's attention. "What the hell were you doing! I told you to stay and pack," He shouted, irritated, rushing to hold her arms gently. His purple eyes narrowed as they searched hers, "Did you contact Ladybug while I was waiting?" He said lowly

Marinette panicked, "No! I- eh- heard you fighting, I wanted to see, I wouldn't do that!"

He didn't look convinced, "Why wouldn't you?"

She wanted to respond, but knew he wouldn't be able to believe her. "Grab your stuff, we're leaving, I don't want you to take more then two minutes."

As Marinette made the journey back to her room, she told herself that she would free Chat from the akuma, no matter the cost.

That's a wrap for now, I am so sorry I didn't post for a couple years, but my writing was kind of crap, and I didn't know where I was going with it. I know that when you write a story there should be unspoken commitment to finish it, and not ignore it for over two years, but I have no conscience. I'm evil. So I whipped up the other half today. I think my writing has improved a lot. ;) Thank you for reading!