one

"millie wake up!" my brother charlie yells yanking my warm blanket off of my slim body

"charlieeee leave me alone" i say stuffing my head under my pillow

"nuh uh, you need to be up at nine this morning. but being the totally awesome brother i am i let you sleep in, now it's noon so you have to get up" he says opening my blinds.

"i swear to god millie if you don't get up i'll play jojo siwa" he says pulling out his phone.

"okay okay i'm up" i say rolling my eyes stretching.

"it's saturday dumbfuck why am i supposed to be up" i say crossing my arms.

"well number one, i said so. and plus i'm going out with finn for lunch and you're tagging along" he says exiting my room.

"what?! charlie i'm not going somewhere where that frog goes!" i say rushing out after him.

"why would you even want me to go? it's not like i invite you to go to the mall with my friends!" i say throwing my hands in the air.

"because you guys are two important people in my life and i would like it if you guys didn't hate each other" he says.

"well then we'll be important to you and far far away from each other!" i say sarcastically smiling walking back upstairs.

"well you really don't have a choice" he says smirking.

i scoff and stop in my tracks. "says who?" i ask looking him up and down.

"me. that's who. remember a week ago you sneaking in from that party? i've got you cornered" he says smirking raising his brows.

"now go get changed. you've been wearing those sweatpants for five days." he says walking into the kitchen.

"well excuse me for trying to be comfortable" i say quietly to myself

i walk into my room and go into my closet.

i slip on some high waisted black shorts and a off the shoulder yellow top.

i brush my hair trying to make it the slightest bit decent not giving a shit about what people think.

i grab my phone and stuff it into my pocket and head downstairs.

"ready to go?" charlie asks standing at the door with his keys in his hand.

"no" i mumble walking out the door with my arms crossed.

"don't bitch about it millie" he says annoyed locking the door.

~~

we park at the earth cafe and i already see him sitting there on the bench on his phone.

we both exit the car and he lifts his head and his eyes lock with mine.

he rolls his eyes and stands up.
"what the hell is basic bitch doing here?" he asks looking at charlie.

"excuse me?" i scoff leaning my weight onto my left leg.

"did i stutter?" he asks leaning into my slightly.

i roll my eyes looking away dreading to be anywhere else but here.

"guys please get along today. for me?" charlie asks raising his brows walking up the waitress outside since it's a outdoor restaurant.

"uh reservation for brown?" he asks the blonde leaning on the post next to him.

she scrolls her finger down the alphabetically ordered names in a book.

she smiles and grabs three menus and walks us over to a table with two chairs side by side and a single one in front of them.

i race over to the single but get stopped by charlie sitting in it first.

"i was going to sit there!" i whine squinting my eyes.

"first come first serve. oh look how convenient, two chairs for the two of you!" he says smiling looking through the menu.

finn and i both huff and sit down roughly scooting the chairs as far away as possible.

"hi my name is griff i'll be taking care of you guys today. can i start you off with some drinks?" a guy in his twenties says pulling out a notepad.

"hi i'll have a peach iced tea..?" charlie asks confirming that they have it.

he nods and jots it down turning his head to me

"and for you?" he asks waiting for my response.

"um i'll just have a water for now" i say smiling looking back down at the menu.

"same for me i guess" finn says smiling as well.

he nods his head and walks into the building for employees only.

i pull out my phone going through all my social media's and texts.

"that shirt makes you look hot" finn says with a smirk.

i scoff and roll my eyes and glare at charlie.

"i knew i never should of come here" i mumble crossing my arms.

"finn shut the fuck up" charlie whispers to him.

after we ordered our food charlie made us talk. there was a lot of bickering and eye rolling.

"you do realize that you're the most basic person out there right?" finn asks me sipping his water.

"do you realize that you are an annoying dick head?" i say smiling sarcastically.

"you know what you guys don't have to talk anymore" charlie says sighing.

soon enough our food comes and we eat and finish our drinks and pay a fuck load.

"hey finn wanna come over for a little bit?" charlie asks digging his keys out of his pocket.

"sure i don't see why not" he says nodding.

i groan and roll my eyes and stomp to the car.

"is she on her period?" finn asks charlie laughing.

i stop in my tracks and turn around glaring at him ready to tackle and punch him, but charlie stops me but lifting me off the ground and throwing me over his shoulder.

"god dammit charlie put me the fuck down!" i yell pulling on his hair.

he puts me down next to the car and opens the door.

"touch me again and i'll break your hand" i say getting in and slamming the door.

~~

okay first chap of this book. ew 😂 okay vote and comment if you read lmao