six

it's around nine am in the brown household

it's around nine am in the brown household. today was a dark, dull, depressing day. it is july second.

the day kelly brown had been pronounced dead.

it's been a year now. a year since they had the privilege to be woken up and told to go to bed by their mother. a year since they could have a nice family outing with zero worries.
a year since they got to see her face.

millies small frame sits on the edge of her duvet cover. made nice and neat hours before. her eyes are emotionless but also screaming a thousand words.

the reality is you will grieve forever.
you will not get over the loss of a loved one. you will learn to live with it. you will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered.
you will be whole again, but you'll never be the same. nor should you be the same. nor should you want to.

after millie and charlie's father was arrested for drug abuse, violating criminal laws, mentally scarring his children and family and so on. they felt relieved, but also empty.

an average family consists of two parents with an unlimited amounts of children depending on their preferences.

they aren't the average family. not anymore at least.

a soft knock was heard at her door as she slips out of her thoughts and back into her sad reality. charlie's head peaks out while balancing himself on the edge. his mouth is agape having no words to come out.

"we need to go soon mills" how can a voice be so cold yet so soft. like he wanted to care, but he physically couldn't put himself to it.

"just get your blood flowing, get dressed, eat, whatever you need to do"
he cracks a forced smile looking towards the ground softly shutting the door.

her black dress hangs around her closet door handles. almost as if it was taunting her. mocking her.

her cell phone sits upwards on her night stand still plugged in to its charger. it's been buzzing all morning.

seven missed calls from kenzie
twenty five messages from kenzie
reminder - go visit mom

she seemed to be the only one who really cared for her on this date.
she exhaled as her hands pressed into her face dragging all the way down as she is trying to get the nerves.

memories and flashbacks of her funeral keep playing in her mind. like it's reminding her every single second that she's gone forever.