five

millies pov

millies pov

i dig my hands in some of my jackets and jeans that were tossed away in my closet not feeling the urge to put them where they belong. i come to the fact that i'm officially broke.

i mean sure i was broke like two months ago but i always borrowed from charlie but he said that it would be the last time when i tried to buy a shirt that costed fifty dollars.

i roll my eyes at this stupid ass idea but i do it anyways out of curiosity. i grab my laptop and set it gently on my bed quickly typing in 'quick ways to get extra cash'. rookie move and i bet everyone has done this before and if you say you haven't then you're lying to yourself.

my eyes roam the screen until it falls on a particular bullet point. sell things at school. never thought of that. i smirk to myself already having a little plan that fell right into my lap.

i drive off to a local cvs and grab normal things you would buy that we all know you actually don't even need.
gum, chips, bottles of water etc. another smirk works it's way up to my face as my eyes land on a particular item hanging on a rack. condoms.

freshman will go nuts for these. literally. i casually snicker to myself and put it in the hand held basket that is slung on my arm.

after a couple more minutes of looking around i completely finish shopping and head to the register. a boy around my age with messy almost emo hair, black thick glasses, and a nose ring is picking at his nails probably bored out of his mind.

he lifts his head up at the sound of my sneakers making a sound once i step up to the counter. he flashes me a smile and starts scanning my items one by one. my eyes wander down to his name tag which reads 'keagan' in bold letters.

he slowly grabs the special item out of my basket and slowly looks up at me but continues his task once he sees me look back. "special night i'm assuming?" he mumbles wiping his eyes waiting for the machine to come with my total.

i snort and lay my hand on the counter balancing myself. "no no way..i'm selling all this crap at school for cash" i shake my head jokingly at his assumption. he nods his head understandingly then handing me my receipt.

"have a nice night" he says emotionless waving bye. i put my lips to a thin line but nod awkwardly rushing back to my car eager to get home and crash.

~~

i quickly stuff all my things into my bag and rush off to school skipping breakfast. after i find a parking spot i see the doors aren't open yet. i open my phone that reads 7:46 am. school starts at eight.. perfect time to start.

i walk up to a bench and sit down casually with a girl on her phone with a tired expression. "psst" i call to the girl who annoyingly looks up from her phone. she raises her brow waiting for me to say something. i hold my finger up signaling for her to hold on.