I Jump In The Ocean

We touched down on top of a hill. Next to a pine tree that had a gold fleece hanging from it's lowest branch and a dragon wrapped around the base of the tree. This place seemed awesome already.

At the bottom of the hill was a house the was painted sky blue and had a wrap around porch. To the right of it was a volleyball court. To the left of the house were strawberry fields. In the distance I could a amphitheater, a climbing wall that moved and squirted lava, a bunch of cabins, a clump of woods, a type of arena thing, a lake, and behind everything I could see the ocean.

"This place looks amazing," I gasped.

"And it is amazing," Annebeth said smiling.

I took a deep breath it smelled like strawberries.

"What's the name of this place?" Spencer asked.

"Welcome to Camp Half-blood," Percy said spreading his hands.

Percy and Annabeth led us down the hill. On the way down we passed a cave with purple curtains hanging in the opening.

We approached the house with the wrap around porch. On the porch sat a table with two men playing cards around it. The one guy looked chubby with a tiger print hawian shirt and really black hair. The other guy was unmistakably Mr. Brunner. With the long dark brown curly hair and beard, and the motorized wheelchair. I just stood with my eyes wide.

"Ah! Percy! Annabeth! I see you're back from your date," Mr. Brunner said with a smile.

"Uh yeah. We brought two more recruits. They were attacked by some empousai. We ran into them during our walk in the park," Percy explained then gestured to Spencer and I.

I held my hand up, "Hi."

"Ah Leah and Spencer," Mr. Brunner said.

"Mr. Brunner what are you doing here?" Spencer asked.

"I'm the activities director here and here I'm known as Chiron," he explained.

"Like the Chiron from the legends?" I asked.

"I am he," he said.

"Aren't you a centaur though? And dead?" Spencer asked.

"Yes I'm a centaur. I hide my lower half in this magical wheelchair. About being dead I get to live as long as I'm needed to train heroes. I assume I'm still needed so here I am," he explained.

"Wow," I said.

"Um Chiron we have to tell you something," Annabeth said.

"What would that be Annabeth," Chiron asked.

"Leah here she could here what Blackjack and the other pegasi were saying," Annabeth explained.

"And we look alike," Percy intervened.

"Yes you two do look alike," Chiron said stroking his beard. "Did any of you two fight the empousai?"

"I did," I said.

"How did you kill it?" he asked.

"The first one I killed by jumping out of a tree and stabbing it with my pocket knife," I held my pocket knife. "My dad made it."

"Can I see it?" he asked.

I gave it to him. He flipped out the blade and examined it.

"Very interesting. It's made out if celestial bronze," he said and gave it back to me.

"What's that?" I asked.

"For hades sake you guys ask to many questions!" exclaimed the other guy at the table. "Celestial bronze is a rare metal that's very lethal to monsters and everything else in Greek Mythology!"