33🐰

Y/N's POV

"Taehyung are you alright now?" I asked him while assisting him to stand. He just woke up when Jimin suddenly told us that we need to leave his apartment immediately. I asked him the reason but he told me that he will explain everything later.

Taehyung touches his head as if it still hurts. "I'm fine. Moreover, what happened to me?" he asked.

"You fainted while saying something to me," I told him. He halted which made me question him. "Why? Does your head still hurt?" I put my palm to his forehead to check his temperature.

"Your temperature is back to normal but why do look weak?" I asked. He suddenly holds my wrist and removes my hand from his forehead. I look at him with a confused look.

"Did I say something weird to you before I fainted? If I did, I'm sorry about that. I'm not acting myself that time. And if I said something that bothers you which made you avoided me the other day I'm sorry." he said with concern in his eyes. He looks really sincere.

He is not at fault but he is the one who's apologizing. Why I am even upset in the first place? Our relationship is just made of the deal. So it shouldn't matter if he stays or not. It's not my business to interfere with his own life. We need each other because we have the same goal. To find the killer.

I let go of him and put a distance between us.

"I think you are fine now to be able to blabber those things out. You don't need to apologize. You didn't do anything. I am the one who's at fault. And let me remind you again. Everything that we do is because we have the same end to achieve. Until then, we need to help each other out" I said.

He looks at me with his dull eyes. The one that I saw when we first met. The one that I stared at. The eyes that I've talked to and made a deal with. This is him. The man who made the deal and this is me, the one who accepted his deal. Everything is just to satisfy our own needs. After that, we are off to our own; but until then, we are comrades.

"I hope you haven't forgotten our objective," I said. "I'm not the man who forgets his words" He answered.

"Then until we finished everything, we are comrades" My voice sounds serious, strong, and firm.

"If that's what you want" No doubt. His voice was cold. Colder than when we first met and interact.

This is what I want though. For us to know our place. To remind me of my place again.

The door suddenly open and Jimin entered and look at us with a confused look.

"Did something happen?" He asked. I shake my head. "Nothing. Let's go, you told me that we are going somewhere right?" I said.

"Yeah but first, Tae are you feeling alright now?" He asked and looked at Taehyung.

"Nothing to worry about, I'm fine now. Let me just change and we can go now" He said with his deep and cold voice.

"Sure," Jimin said but you can see from his face that he is confused and worried about his friend's cold response.

I tried to push this guilty feeling and stayed on my poker face.

"We'll go ahead then. We'll be waiting in the living room. And change as fast as you can. We're in hurry" Jimin said and Taehyung nodded in response.

"Let's go Y/N" I followed Jimin until we reach the living room.

"Are you sure nothing happened between the two of you?" Jimin asked me out of the blue.

"Nothing for you to be a concern with" I answered. He sighs and stared at me intensely.