trust - angst

Warnings: breakup, crying, cheating. (also, we all know harry would never be such an asshole irl, but for the sake of the story he is)

"I guess this is a lesson in not trusting others, yeah?" I looked at Harry in disbelief. The man who held my heart for nearly a year, had just crushed it within seconds.

"Baby I'm sorry. It was a mistake. She meant nothing and it'll never happen again! Please, just give me another chance." The look in his emerald eyes, it was a mix of guilt and regret. But he deserved to feel that way, because I felt ten times worse.

"Do not call me that. You don't get to call me that anymore, Harry. You promised! You promised me, that when we started this relationship you'd never do anything like this. And look what happened!" The tears were running down my cheeks like an avalanche. They seemed never ending.

"I know, ok? I know. And I broke that promise, and I'm so fucking sorry. I love you, Y/N." He looked at with sadness painted on his face. It was obvious he was remorseful, but I wasn't putting myself through this again.

I had been cheated on twice, and it was the worse pain I had ever felt. But this. This doesn't even compare. What I had with Harry was so different compared to my past relationships. I thought that we would get married, have children, grow old together. We talked about it often. Our future. I thought Harry was my future.

"No. No, you don't love me. Because if you truly did, this wouldn't have happened. Love, is beautiful. Love is looking at someone, and being taken aback by them. L-love is when someone becomes your whole world. You can't live without them. You would do anything for them. B-because you're infatuated with them. Because if you lost them, you would lose your world. Harry you were my world. And you're the one who crushed it. I'm sorry. I really am. But-but we're over." I was sobbing now, my hands shaking, and my breaths slow and unsteady. Everything fucking hurt.

I could barely speak, so I lifted my arm and pointed at the door. He opened his mouth and closed it. Over and over. He was conflicted, but eventually he turned on his heel and walked out. Out of my life. And that's what I needed. Not what I wanted, but what I needed.

Curling into the side of the sofa, I grabbed a pillow, clutching it to my chest. I wanted to feel anything but this pain. This unforgiving, unrelenting, pain in my heart. It seemed I was nearly destined to be alone. The best man I had ever met, had betrayed both my love, and trust.

If someone like Harry was so similar to the rest of the scum out in this cruel world, what chance did I have at love?