away - angsty fluff

Warnings: kind of sad? mentions of self confidence issues and taking a break.

"I need to go away for awhile." I wasn't sure how to start this conversation, so I figured I would just wing it and be forward about it.

"What?" His head snapped up, his eyes leaving his phone and focusing on me. The look on his face was one of confusion and sadness, and I rushed to rephrase my sentence.

"I'm not breaking up with you. I love you more than words can describe. But I need to learn to love myself before I can wholeheartedly and fully love someone else the way they deserved to be loved." I reached out, taking his hand in mine and pressing a kiss to his knuckles.

"So you want to take a break?" He asked, his eyes searching mine for more answers. He intertwined our fingers, his hand beginning to become slightly clammy.

"Yes. But only for a month. Nothing longer. I'm gonna go on my own mini vacation. Me, myself, and I. I need to spend some time with myself figuring out who I am and working out my issues." Our eyes never left one another, and it was getting harder to read Harry the longer this conversation went on.

"I-I thought I was helping. I thought we made progress." He muttered, almost like he didn't mean to say it outloud.

"You were helping, I promise. But I need to do the rest myself. I need to be able to love myself on my own, not only when I'm with you. Does that make sense? I can't tell if I'm rambling or not." I watched as he cracked a small smile, my daftness something the two of us always found amusing.

"I get it, I think. I'll wait for you. Always. Even if you needed a year I would wait for you. I love you, Y/N. If this is what you need to do then I'll support you." He wrapped me into a hug, his scent making me sigh in contentedness.

"Can I take one of your hoodies?" I whispered, a goofy smile on my face. He hugged me tighter, and laugh falling from his lips.

"Of course you can, babe."

We spent the next hour packing a suitcase full of clothes, me sneaking a few of his things in when he wasn't looking. I'd be staying in my parents house out on the countryside, since they were away for the next three months on a couple's cruise.

"Who's gonna remind me when I'm supposed to feed the cat?" He joked, but the glimmer of sadness in his emerald eyes was obvious.

"You'll be fine, I know you will. I love you, ok?" I assured him, standing on my toes and pressing a kiss to his lips.

"I know. I love you too, more than you know. I'll see you in a month."

"In a month."

My car outside felt like it was telling me it was time to go, and I reluctantly gave Harry one last kiss before dragging myself out the door.

I knew it was for the best. I needed to do this, but goddamn would I miss him.