TWIN EYED TITANS

Marta was glad to have joined the 104thTrainee Squad, she could safely say they all held a place in her heart.

Marco, Jean and Marta had remained somewhat of a close-knit group during their time, after all she entered her training with them and decided she would stay with them for as long as she could before leaving to join the Survey Corps along with Eren Jaeger. This fact made Jean jealous of the boy for 'stealing his friend' and was probably one of the main reasons for their long standing rivalry.

Eren Jaeger had, after all, became one of her closest friends, she even came to think of him as a brother. Even other people had mistaken them for siblings because of their matching emerald green eyes and it was because of this fact that when Marta was around the boy she would sometimes be reminded of her father's last words to her.

'You'll find him one day, you'll know when you see him, your eyes match his, he'll know what to do!'

She never had the gall to actually ask the boy what it was all about and he had never mentioned it to her so she continued life as normal.

Marta also became close to the yellow-haired boy, Armin Arlert, who had told her of life beyond the walls where there were stretches of fiery waters, lands filled with ice, and sandy snowfields. He was another reason she wanted to join the scouts, to her Armin was like an angel and she wanted to protect him as a soldier beside him because even if he was irreplaceable as a strategist and over all genius, he was still the weakest of the squad.

Another of those precious angels was Krista Lenz who shared Armin's blue eyes, blonde hair and good heart. They had been friends since the night Marta had arrived when they both went out to feed Sasha after she'd finished running until she couldn't run any more. Marta even managed to get used to Ymir, even with her bitchy attitude, which sometimes gave her a few laughs along the way.

Sasha and Connie were the two other cadets to make her laugh the most with their antics, Marta hoped they would keep their humour wherever life took them, Survey Corps or not. She bonded mostly with Sasha out of the two due to their shared love of food which Marta knew was greater than hers after the cook off between Sasha and Jean a few years back.

Reiner, Bertholdt and Annie were more serious in their training and she had learnt a lot from them. If it weren't for them, she would've wasted a lot of her time in hand-to-hand combat but instead she put it to good use in the form of fighting lessons from Annie. Annie had also taught Marta that the military system was stupid and she should be smarter about where she places herself in life.

Another more serious recruit was Mikasa Ackerman, who Marta guessed was slightly jealous of her newfound friendship with Eren. Nonetheless the two came to gain a mutual respect for each other, even if it was sometimes clouded by jealousy.

All of the 104thTrainee Squad were important in some way to her, so as she stood there, graduating at 2ndin her class, she felt selfish because she wished all of her friends could've been in the top 10 and could live in the interior so she would never have to worry about them dying on her one day.

"Do you have heart?"

"Sir!" All the cadets confirmed, the right hand clenched against their heart.

"As of this moment, you have three options open to you. Choose wisely. The Garrison Regiment, whose job is to reinforce the Walls. The Scout Regiment, who ride out into the Titan country to take back what was once ours. And the MP Regiment, maintaining law and order under orders from His Royal Majesty. Those cadets eligible for the MP have already been named. The rest of you, take a look, these are the top of your class."

There they were, the top 10. It consisted of Mikasa, Marta, Reiner, Bertholdt, Annie, Eren, Jean, Marco, Connie and Sasha.

Everyone was in high spirits about graduating, the mood being carried on when Marta, Mikasa, Armin and Eren used their day off to watch the Survey Corps leaving for their next expedition. Marta laughed at Eren and Armin's faces of pure adoration as the Squad Leader's passed by, it made her remember Eren's ramblings about each and every one of them who he seemed to have absurdly extensive knowledge about.