RETAKING TROST

"That's enough." The voice of Marta's saviour, Dot Pyxis, the Garrison Regiment's top officer of the Southern territory, the man who made Armin's vision of Eren and Marta sealing the gate of the wall a reality. Many were opposed to it, most of the Garrison Regiment and trainees included but Pyxis managed to convince the majority to stay and here they were.

Ian Dietrich had been put in charge of the elite squad to protect Eren and Marta while they patched up the wall. The two were now whizzing through the air beside the small squad consisting of them, Ian, Rico Brzenka and Mitabi Jarnach.

"There's something I want you be aware of, Moller, Jaeger." Rico began, "make no mistake. More than a few of our comrades are going to die today trying to pull this off. That blood's on your hands." Both of the Titan Shifters suddenly felt the reality of the situation on their shoulders and sweat dropped.

She continued her speech nonetheless, "I'm talking friends, Captains, Lieutenants. Yes, they are soldiers and they are prepared to die. But remember, they are all still a flesh and blood person.

"Every one of them has a name, hopes, fears. Alyosha, Dominic, Fine, Isabel, Ludwig, Martina, Guido, Hans.

"They're not pawns. They're people.

"Some have been living together like family since their cadet years. This may well be the end of them. Whole families snuffed out in a moment. Whatever you think your mission is, the first and foremost concern is making sure their deaths mean something. Whatever happens, you keep that lodged in your mind, take everything that comes with deadly seriousness."

It wasn't exactly a motivational speech, but Rico's words had struck a chord deep inside both of them.

"Yes!" The two promised with a newfound determination in their matching teal eyes.

And then there it was, the giant boulder the two of them were to lift to give humanity their first victory against the man eating giants since their existence began.

"This is the place, let's do it!" Ian ordered. Rico shot a green flare.

Mission started.

Lightning struck as Marta and Eren both became 15m beasts with glowing green eyes, despite Marta being shorter while human.

The mission quickly went awry, Eren had just transformed and was slowly making his way towards Mikasa, who was perched on a rooftop. Marta watched as his fist hit the spot where her body had once been.

'Why would Eren do that, to Mikasa, to his sister?' She had been thinking before she came to the only plausible conclusion, 'Eren isn't in control.'

The female Titan's eyes widen and she knew what she had to do to protect her friends. She had to take Eren out, pacify him before he could do further damage. Marta charged towards the giant male with fever, hoping she would overpower him through the element of surprise.

She was wrong.

The two ended up a tangle of giant limbs on the cobbled streets of Trost. Mikasa watched in shock as she watched the two throw punch after punch at each other but neither had bested the other yet. That was until Eren found a clear opening and punched her straight in the eye, knocking her out for the time being.

He turned his attention back to Mikasa.

"Ackerman, look out!" Ian screamed at her in warning before Eren's fist came pummelling down again into where the girl had been standing seconds before.

Mikasa tried in vain to get Eren to get a grip on his humanity again, but sure enough, the twin Titans had both been knocked out, Marta sprawled across the street while Eren was passed out against the giant piece of debris.