TRUST NONE

"Who is it?" Captain Levi's voice came from behind the locked door Marta had rattled a few seconds prior. 'Who the hell locks the door to the dining hall?" She thought to herself before answering, "it's Marta, sir."

The short man gave a nod to the strawberry blonde, Petra and she unhooked the plank of wood from the door, letting Marta in to which everyone gaped at the drastic change in her hair length, even Eren, who had told her to get it cut in the first place. Levi remained emotionless, as usual, but gestured to the empty seat beside him for her to take. She sat down, gratefully taking the cup of black tea set in front of her and sipping on it lightly with a sigh.

"It's safe to assume our standing orders will stretch into next week," Eld told the squad. "Word through the grapevine is we're gearing up for a big mission 2 months from now. One where a bunch of wet behind the ears graduates are slated to be our main backup."

When he said that Eren and Marta shared a scared look for their comrades. Some of them had said they would join the Survey Corps not so long ago, after they first graduated but it crossed her mind now that after seeing the Titans up close and personal, would they join anyway?

Maybe Marta would have no one to worry about after all.

Maybe she was just being selfish again, hoping they all wouldn't throw away their lives joining the Survey Corps.

"That can't be right," Gunther replied. "Why do something like that? The cadets have been through enough with the last Titan attack, why subject them to that kind of danger again?"

"You have to wonder how many of those snivel drop runts peed themselves," Marta felt her eyes narrow at Oluo's comment.

"Surely this can't be the case?" Petra speculated.

"Mission planning isn't my responsibility, but, it is Erwin's. And you can bet the mans obsessed over every detail." Levi assured them.

"That's the truth, especially given how unique the situation is. Consider how many people died on the path to taking back Wall Maria, then hope comes in a form never expected, one that we're not entirely sure how to deal with..." The whole squads eyes were either resting on Marta or Eren after Eld's words.

The weight on their shoulders was heavy, because it was the weight of humanity itself. Marta wasn't sure if she was ready for all of this yet but there was no going back now, so she just stared back at them, accepting her fate.

"Most of us still find it hard to believe," Eld continued, "this whole changing into a Titan trick, really?"

"I wish I could tell you but the fact is my memories not clear," Eren replied, "guess it's kind of like being in a trance. I do know the trigger seems to be hurting myself in some way. Like biting my hand." Eren looked surprised at the words coming from his mouth but Marta just sat back and let him do the unnecessary talking for her.

"You're not going to get anything out of him, apart from what the scribblers have laid out in the reports." Levi gave a hmph before sipping his tea, "not that you know who won't have a go at it."

"Who is you know who?"Marta asked but Levi just ominously said, "you'll be lucky to get out alive if she lays into you. Of course, it's only a matter of time."

"Who?" The two Titan Shifters questioned frantically at the same time.

Turns out the woman rattling the door was none other than Section Commander, Hange Zoe. The other members of the Special Operations Squad left quickly after she entered, giving the two wishes of good luck, creeping Eren out slightly.