Chapter 1: New assignment

Gladion's POV

Working for team skull's been nothing but tiring. My boss barely pays me anyway, old man Guzma's as broke as the rest of us. But one day, he finally had something for me to do.

I sat on a couch in the big house Guzma owned, (or stole, to be exact) a comfortable red couch. It wasn't
in the best shape, as there were claw marks some Pokémon had left, and springs coming out from the sides. Just like everything here.

"Yo, Gladion,"
I looked up at Guzma from my seat and frowned. Not that I was ever smiling.
"What do you need, boss?", I bluntly stated
Guzma smiled, and put a hand on his hip.
"I got an assignment for you, yo! And it's an important one,"
This caught my attention. In a few weeks, I'd have to pay my rental fee for the apartment I stayed in, or get kicked. I couldn't afford that.
"What's it gonna be, boss?"

Guzma made a sort of devilish grin at this.
"Well, a new person just became the champion. He beat that annoying Moon girl, so I'm assuming he's strong. What's even better, is that they live nearby! I want you to steal his Pokémon, and give 'em to me,"
I frowned. Stealing jobs were my least favorite, and a champion must be some tough guy. Even if working with Guzma and his group of little shits was what I do to stay alive, doesn't mean I like it. If silvally was stolen, I don't know what I'd do.
"How much will you pay me?"
Guzma thought for a moment, then looked down at me with pride.
"§10,000."
10,000?! I thought this man lived off stale saltines and the tears of children! I guess defeating Captain  Illma was useful for something.
"Fine. Who's this champion, anyway?"
"I don't know his name. Short green haired boy, tanned skin, eyebleeding orange shorts. His team consists of a Raichu, Vaporeon, Dicidueye, Komala, Tauros, and a crabominable,"
He sounds interesting..

"Where can I find him?"
"Apparently grunts have seen him around the nearby Malasada Shop, and the streets of Hau'oli City. You'll start this assignment today,"
I nodded, and got up off the couch.
"Fine. I might as well get something done,"
I left Po Town, and used my Ride Charizard to fly all the way to Hau'oli. I could tell this would be an interesting trip.

((A/N: Hi guys!- I'm a very small writer here, but I hope you're enjoying the story. I'm having a lot of fun writing this, and the next chapter will hold the beginnings of this precious ship))