Chapter 9: An amazing "conversation"

I got up off the dusty curb, and wiped my jeans a little before sneezing at the awful lot of dust.
Looks like Big Bad Guzma doesn't have any big bad cleaning skills...
I wandered around a bit, and my feet somehow took me to the malasada shop, Hau's favorite place in Alola. Not to my surprise, I found him there. He was sitting with his decidueye, feeding it a sweet Malasada.
"Awww! What a good boyo!"
He got up to get another Malasada, but noticed me and ran to me cheerfully. It was almost embarrassing, Hau wrapped his arms around my neck and smiled.
"Hi Gladion!"
To bare Hau pulling down on my neck and shoulders, I awkwardly tried to support the two of us by wrapping an arm around his waist, and resting my other arm on his back.
"M-morning Hau.."
Hau let go of me, and I shyly slipped my hands into my pockets. Hau seemed to notice my blushing face, and stepped back to take a look at me.
"What are you doing?"
Hau swept some of my blonde bangs out of my burning face, and then took my hand while leading me to the counter. His decidueye watched, as Hau bought a bitter Malasada, and two sweet ones. He practically dragged me back to the table by my hand, and I could just feel the other customers' eyes on us. He slid into the booth next to his decidueye, and I sat across from the two.
"You like bitter Malasadas, right?"
His face was adorned with a goofy smile, and I couldn't resist but take the Malasada.
Why is he so damn cute?-
I bit into it, my eyes going wide in shock. The outside was crunchy and a little bready, while being sprinkled with powdered sugar. But the filling was a dark brown a d extremely bitter. I coughed and gagged at the taste, but Hau just stared at me. His eyes were like two grey saucers staring back at me, but soon his look of shock was replaced with uncontrollable laughter. I wiped my mouth and then looked back at Hau, who's eyes were tearing up in sheer amusement.
"I-I thought Hau'oli city only sold sweet Malasadas.."
"That's the poInt!"
"The point?"
Hau snickered, and looked at me with an impish grin.
"I got that Malasada from another store. The only ones you've eaten were from here, so you thought it would be sweet! I got you so good!"
What a child.
I couldn't help but giggle at Hau's antics, but then I noticed he was staring at me again.
"Hau?"
Hau looked completely stupefied; then stared at me blankly before another sly smiled creeped up his face.
"I made you smile Gladion! I did it!"