Chapter 2: Meeting Hau!

((A/N I didn't clarify it last chapter, but the characters are aged up a little. In the au, Gladion's 16 and Hau's 15. In the au, most of events of sun and moon didn't happen, at least the ones that caused Hau and Gladion to meet each other. I suck at explaining things. K bye))

Gladion's POV

I arrived at Hau'oli, and I haven't seen any short green-haired boys yet. I walked around near the shopping district, wondering if Guzma was just teasing me. Then I remembered, a malasada shop was mentioned. Maybe I did have a chance to find this strange guy.
I walked into to the Malasada shop, and scanned the areas where people were sitting.
That's it, it must be him.
I saw a green haired boy sitting with a raichu, they both were eating Malasadas faster then what I thought was healthy. I quietly approached him, and sat next to him.
Oh arceus.. I've already screwed this up.

He looked at me in confusion, I felt my cheeks sting a little as my face turned a light pink.
"Uh.. hi. I'm Gladion,"
His puzzled face was suddenly exchanged with a cheesy grin, which annoyed me a little bit. How can people be so cheerful?!
"Hi! I'm Hau! And this is Malasada, my Raichu!~"
I looked at the Raichu, which was cheerfully eating a Malasada.
The name fits.
"Do you want a Malasada?! They're really good!"
I frowned at the platter of doughy food, then shook my head. It's about time I get this plan rolling..
"So.. I heard you became the champion recently. Is that true?"
Hau closed his eyes and took a bite of the malasada, then opened his eyes and smiled.
"Yeah! Isn't it cool?! My Raichu here helped!"
The Raichu happily chirped, and Hau innocently put his hand on mine.
"I haven't seen you before, though. I could give you a tour!"
I looked away, and coughed. I need to stay serious.
"Gladion? Do you want a tour?"
I turned around and frowned at him. I need to do whatever can get me closer to this boy..
"I'd like a tour. Thanks, Hau.."
He got up, still holding me by the hand. I looked at our hands on disgust, but didn't have much time to think about them as Hau led me out of the restaurantc with his Raichu floating along behind us.