Meet the new kitten

He made it.

It took a couple of hours and with the early morning head-start, the train ride was long. his mind was now awake. Looking at the same building that set itself before the vast lands of trees and mountain terrain. Izuku sighed with the many thoughts going through his head.

This was his second hero internship and it wasn't his choice nor his expectation. Hopefully, he will pay back Mandalay in-full with this week of internship but he still couldn't get the idea that she was planning on staying at U.A. for the rest of the month.

Knocking on the door, was his first step. Waiting for the response was the second and to his surprise he did.

'Come around the back.'

A telepathic message entered his mind. It was clear who was speaking to him.

Mandalay.

With his nerves being shaken, things were a bit indifferent between the pro-hero and hero-in-training. Every since Kota's plea to stay with Izuku and the surprising condition which meant Sosaki was staying with both of the boys. The conversations between teen and adult were more professionally stricken as of late. Then again, that how it should be anyway.

Walking around the same building from the summer camp, he had steeled himself for whatever might happen in this internship. As much as he aspires heroes(which cannot be shaken in any form) the Pussycats leader had always in her own right gave Izuku a reason to be shaken.

Telepathy was one reason. Even though it can only be one-way(Izuku assumed) communication. It served a valuable purpose in rescues. A quirk strong in its own category.

Though that was not her only strong suit, during the raid, she fought and defeated one of the villains with her wits and tactical movements. At least that's what he heard from Tiger during one of those calls Kota would make.

Yet, there was still more unseen, Izuku made sure to learn the most he can during this weeks internship.

Seeing the outside tables where his classmates spent eating away in the evening after their quirk training brought more memories of a certain child.

Kota. Back then there was animosity for everyone who held a quirk or/and aspiring heroism. Now was a friend to all of class one-A, well most anyway.

To the child and teen, both enjoyed each other's company as the bond became something stronger than strangers. Izuku saw the water-quirk user as a little brother in a lot of cases. Being responsible as a guardian was more than just being a friend. The duty of spending time with someone younger than had many lessons learned. Patience was one of the strongest components to the responsibility. To hear Kota's thoughts and Izuku would speak his mind in response so long as it remains to a point where context is not rushed.

Honesty and trust compete as a rival to the previous component. Being up-front with the child about having faith in Izuku while feeling open to what the teen has to say.

That's where Izuku has messed up. Had he being more open to speaking about the issues that Katsuki and himself harbored, things wouldn't have to end in the way things had done. Maybe Kota would have just paid attention to Izuku's demand for the child's safety and left the drama alone. The punishment wouldn't be as severe or that night wouldn't be as chaotic.

Then again these are just some of the 'what ifs' Izuku had bombarded himself over the course of the past week. His steps met at an end as his presence met three more.

In front of him were the Pussycats only three of them at the moment.

Pussycat members Tiger, Pixie-Bob, and the leader Mandalay.