A Downward Spiral

Opening the door once again to the principal's office. Izuku was greeted by three figures waiting for him.

"Afternoon Midoriya. I hope I didn't take you away from any important matters."

Izuku shook his head as he opened the doors for the two children that came after him. Eri and Kota were offered a seat on the sofa which they took as Izuku walked towards the trio.

It was a couple of days from the last meeting Izuku had with Nezu. He just got the call an hour ago at the hospital while visiting Shino to meet Nezu on short notice.

The teen walked towards the two men that he realized that was there.

"All Might, Aizawa-Sensei. Did Nezu call you here as well?"

"Yes, young man. Me and Aizawa here were summoned to discuss your recent request for a part-time job." The former number one hero explains as the underground hero next too him merely nods before looking at the kids, specifically Eri. "Midoriya, is she doing well under your care. We have surveillance but want to hear it from you."

"Yes, she is well Sensei. The past couple of days I have just been helping her get adjusted to living with me and Kota."

"That's good to know. Thank you for looking after her. If you need assistance in the future just contact us. She may have been distant and fearful of us but we can look after her."

"Thank you Sensei." Izuku bows.

"Well that's enough greetings, shall we talk business then?" A third voice chimed in. All heads faced that office chair and the hybrid animal seating in it.

"Midoriya, Izuku. You requested a part-time occupation and you will be accepted. However, some things need to be addressed." Izuku listens with anticipation as Nezu speaks. "Given your circumstances as a guardian that is a full-time student, we need to make sure you are aware and capable of handling a job of any kind on campus. Like I told you before, it is uncommon for full-time students here to have a part-time job. Especially in those of the Department of Management, Department of Support, and you especially, Department of Heroes. So we want to interview you to give us an estimate of how well can you perform with so many tasks currently."

"Okay? How personal are you going to ask the questions?" Izuku wonders as Nezu quickly responds with. "As personal as you allow it to be Midoriya. Shall we begin?"

"Yes."

Izuku saw his mentor and classroom teacher take their seats. Both of them sitting on adjacent sides of the principal while facing the teen.

"The first question, have you ever had any prior experiences with part-time jobs?"

"No."

Nezu nods before asking another question. "With your guardianship over Kota Izumi and Eri, do you believe that you can handle not just academics, but independent responsibilities and this part-time occupation?"

"I can handle it."

"Okay, next. What are your strengths and your weaknesses?"

"My strengths are that I can learn quickly and can manage a  high work ethic," Izuku says with humbleness. "My weakness lies in my capability to handle situations that are unexpected quickly enough before something goes wrong." A shadow casts over Izuku's eyes. Admitting his faults.

"Hmm. I see, let's continue. Aizawa?"

The underground hero nods as he stares his student down just before giving the first question. "In the coming weeks or months, you plan on working part-time. You are still required to study, learn, and do assignments given to you and will not fall beneath your current test rank to the tenth rank in class. Otherwise, I will see to it that you are withdrawn from your part-time occupation. Are we clear?"