8

Third Person POV

The time travellers and the marauders- not including Alice who was asleep in the hospital wing still recovering from her injuries- walked into Albus Dumbledores office.

"I have some very good news for you all." Professor Dumbledore told the group standing in his office. "We have modified one of the time turner's to go forwards in time so we can send all of you back to your time."

"What about Alice?" Rose asked. "She's not strong enough to travel in time."

"We will have to wait for Ms Longbottom to recover. Madam Pomfrey said that she can leave tomorrow. She wanted Ms Longbottom to stay in the hospital wing for extra precautions. You are all dismissed." Professor Dumbledore told them.

The students left the office and to their classes. For Lily, Lysander, and Lorcan it was Transfiguration. Albus, Rose, Scorpius, and Maisie had DADA. Teddy, Victorie, and Alice had Herbologie. James, Lily, Sirius, James, and Remus had Potions. But James didn't go straight to Potions, no, he took a little detour to the hospital wing. He made sure that Alice was okay. Madam Pomfrey made him go to class right after she saw him but even just a glance was good enough. James would give anything to change places with Alice. He missed seeing her smile, hearing her laugh, listening to her voice. The only thing on James's mind the rest of the day was Alice. His best friend, Fred Weasley, knew exactly what was wrong yet he never mentioned it or told anyone else the problem.

At lunch they all went together to the hospital wing to tell Alice the news.

"Alice!" Everyone yelled... well everyone excepted James who kind of just lazily walked behind everyone with his hands in his pockets. He was excited to see Alice but didn't want to show it.

"What?" She asked sitting upright causing pain in her back, luckily no one could tell. No one except James that is, he desperately wanted to sit beside her and tell her that she's okay, to hug her forever and never let her go. But he couldn't. He wasn't brave enough. Funny, the Gryffindor, the first born son of Harry Potter-the boy who lived- the chosen one- the boy who defeated the dark lord, James Potter the second was afraid of tell a girl he loved her.

"We have some great news!" Lily exclaimed jumping up and down excitedly. Beside Alice's bed. "Dumbledore found a way to get us back to our own time."

"That's wonderful. When do we leave?" Alice asked excited.

"Um... sometime tomorrow." Albus told her.

"That's amazing you guys!" Alice said excitedly trying to get out of her bed but Mme Pomfrey some how knew that was happening and ran in really fast to stop her.

"You need to rest dearie." Mme Pomfrey told Alice laying her back down. All she could do is rest and it was killing her, figuratively, obviously. Alice hates feeling useless more than anything else in the world, so she isn't telling Mme Pomfrey how much she's really hurting that way she can get out earlier. What Alice doesn't know is how dangerous that really is for her. Everyone left and Alice went to sleep so Mme Pomfrey went right on back to her work in her office; or so they thought.

Alice was faking so Mme Pomfrey would leave her alone and James never left, he just hid of to the side so that he wouldn't be see. Thinking that she was asleep James sat on the chair beside Alice's bed and she didn't realize he was there. He took her hand and held it in his. Alice knew it was James but lied to herself that it wasn't and James thought Alice was asleep so it would be the perfect time to whisper 'I love you Alice.' But no, that's not what James Sirius Potter did. No, he said nothing. Nothing at all even though both of them were expecting to hear something, they didn't.