Onwards To Sendak

They stood before a cabin, plant life decorating the front yard. A small little gravel pathway lead to the door. Small oval sized windows were on either side of the building, including two in front and back. It was lovely shade of beige, and it gave off soothing vibes, making the pair feel much more at ease.

Pidge huffed, smiling over at the guests. Hunk stood to her right, keeping silent and watching.

"Welcome to our humble abode!" She chirped, arms behind back.

Keith and Slav glanced at one another, before the mamoran came up to them, a hand outstretched.

"I'm Keith, and this guy here is Slav, thank you again for letting us stay for the night."

'Keith and Slav huh?' Pidge hummed thoughtfully, and shook his hand.

"The silent guy's Hunk, I'm Pidge." She accepted the hand and gave it a firm shake. "So what's your story? It's not everyday you see a galran and yupper as traveling buddies."

"I'm trying to get my property back from this Lord Sendak. And no one really knew the way except for Slav. Even though he's not the best companion I'm grateful for his help."

The female raised a curious brow. "To get your property back ay?"

"Whatever you're thinking about, stop right there." Hunk spoke up, hands clasped together as it touched his face.

"But—"

"Stop."

"Hunk—"

"No."

"Uh, I don't mean to intrude, but is something the matter?" Slav asked, looking between the pair.

"No." Came the curt reply from the balmeran.

"Yes, actually." The olkari interjected. "You see, me and my brother here, have been bored as of late..."

"No I haven't."

"And I was wondering, how about we make a bargain?"

Groan.

Keith who strayed off to the side perked up at this, ears twitching; eyes narrowing in suspicion. "What kind of bargain?"

"You see, in return for the you guys crashing at our place, we tag along with you to confront this Sendak guy." Pidge chirped, pushing up her glasses once more.

"Ok, time-out. I'm going to borrow my sister for a bit." Hunk butted in, grabbing ahold of her tiny shoulders and dragging her off to the nearby corner. He turned to face her, frowning. "You know I love you Katie, but are you insane?? We don't even know if these guys are in sketchy business!"

Light brown hues shifted past his shoulder skeptically. She could see Keith and Slav deep in conversation. They didn't seem fishy, if anything, they seemed rather harmless. "Hunk, you're overthinking things. They look fine to me."

"Well yeah that's because you lack the capacity to sense danger."

"Ok, first of all. Out. And second, when have my instinct ever stayed us wrong?"

Her brother's face was deadpan as he lifted a hand, and raised a finger. "Well lets see, how about the time you dragged me into a stupid idea of yours, that involved storing bombs inside Yorak's house because your instincts screamed out he was a secret galran spy? Or the time where mom and dad nearly skinned us alive because we were doing illegal experimentation on the local wildlife so you pass you're biology class because your gut told you nothing could wrong. Let's not forget—"

"Ok look, I admit, some were bad. But trust me bro, this time, I'm sure of it."

He didn't look convinced.