The Deal

"Pidge, keep your grubby hands to yourself and refrain from touchy every single thing you see. You don't know the side affects it can have on Olkarians." Hunk spoke impassively.

"Bro, you're overreacting, they're completely harmless."

"Oh yeah? Then explain the the weird rash on your left hand that's oozing weird purple gunk."

"Wha—"

She lifted the hand in question, and making an awkward poker face. A silence followed as they waited for reaction, except for the Balmeran, he already knew the outcome. After all, he's been living with her all his life. Out of habit, Hunk's hands subconsciously placed themselves against his ears as a high pitched shriek echoed throughout the forest. Keith flattened his ears, grimacing, as did Slav.

"OHMYGOD, HUNK! IMMA DIE!!!" Pidge screamed, frantically waving her arm around like a lunatic.

"Katie, calm down and let me take a look at it."

"CHRIST—THIS IS THE END." His voice went unheard.

"KATIE!" He yelled, grabbing hold of her and shaking the girl by the shoulders. "Let me see."

"Here look!" She shoved her limb into his face.

He recoiled in disgust before promptly inspecting the hand carefully and gave a knowing laugh, "It's just you allergies acting up PIdge, remember you'll allergic to certain wildlife. Like juniberry, and from my suspicions, it was in fact a wee juniberry bush in bloom."

"You jerk! Why didn't you warn me? You know how I get when I come in contact with them!"

"I tried, but you didn't listen as you were too caught up in the 'essence of nature'." He answered, doing quoting marks with his index and middle finger.

"Whatever! Can you just give me my medicine!"

Keith and Slav just glanced at one another, peering over their shoulder for a brief moment before they continued to indulge in their own little conversation. They were discussing the details of Dabizaal's kingdom and what to expect. Of course, the yupper assured it's completely harmless and a bit bland but that didn't seem to sway the mamoran. He also mentioned they're a bit racist towards the mamorans, obviously they're like that with everyone however, they're were a bit harsh on their cousins. Even though there aren't many of Keith's kind, the pure galrans hated them with passion. Exhibit A: They're disgusting savages and incapable of adapting. Which wasn't true mind you, although everyone knew the real reason why they hated the mamorans. It's because they went against their Lord Zarkon's beliefs and had the audacity to rebel.

At first, everyone lived at peace, mamorans and galrans alike. But then someone decided to speak their minds, and knocked sense into the brain of many; the mamorans and some galra. Funny thing is, his mother met his father, Texas, through war. They were enemies at first, you know, he a mamoran and she a galra. They were constantly picking fights with one another, until suddenly it changed. They were battling it out when his dad was overwhelmed by her beauty and grace. He had said, "It was then that I knew I had fallen in love with your mother."

It was pretty cheesy and cliche, but that was how they met and deep down, Keith always found the story romantic. He refused to give his parents the satisfaction though. So he always played off by scrunching up his nose and saying that's so lame dad. Eventually during the aftermath of the war, they decided to settle down in a secluded area in the forest and had him. Even though, he's half galra, he mostly got his appearance from his father. The ears, eyes, the fangs, everything. On the bright side, he got his face shape and nose from his mom. That's gotta count for something right? Well whatever, point is, everyone is afraid of him and no one ever dares to get close to him because his cousins engraved the mindset that his kind are animals and have no sense of humanity to their slaves; which included almost every-know race in space and so that spread to their family and friends, and boom! Everyone avoids you like the plague and are constantly trying to hunt you.