Four

Lord Cailo was paying no attention at all to the ruckus outside.

He had over a hundred well-armed men to deal with the any situation that arose. He mused that the prisoners might try some kind of daring escape and rescue attempt. He considered going outside to watch them get put down, but he doubted that they'd even get up the steps and the story told later would be better than the event itself. Instead he would focus on the delectable morsel before him.

He raised a gloved hand and Kish rose up off the floor. He spread his fingers and her body went taut as an invisible force pulled her arms and legs apart. Holding the one hand perfectly still, he raised his other and began to make delicate gestures. The laces of her bodice slowly started to untie by themselves and then casually loosen.

"You're a monster!" Growled Kish. Her gaze was hateful and fearless.

"Yes. I am" His venomous voice slid out through the unwavering gentle grin of his mask. "You don't get my job by being nice now do you?" To emphasize his point he stretched the fingers on his left hand out a little more and Kish let out a cry of pain as she was stretched apart even harder.

The noises in the courtyard were growing in intensity and were starting to annoy the Lord. "Lieutennant! Come!" He commanded and then returned to his task at hand.

The laces were undone and he slid the bodice off, manipulating her arms behind her to do so. He stopped for a moment to savour her helpless form dangling in the air, covered only by a loose, low-cut blouse and a tattered skirt. He rubbed up against her and inhaled her scent. Displeased he stepped away and levitated a jug of water over her head and emptied its contents with delight.

"I should have had you properly cleaned before you were delivered. Ah, how I suffer for my impatience." He paused again to enjoy the way that the now soaking blouse clung to her muscular form body only to realize that his patience was indeed being tried. "Lieutenant! Here! Now!" His voice cracked with his displeasure.

The door to his chambers opened and he turned to scold the lieutenant for being so slow. Instead he found a large angry black wolf bearing down on him. He let fall his grip on Kish and turned his attention to the mouthful of sharp teeth that was headed towards him at a startling pace. He didn't have enough time to grab the wolf so he focused his mind and pushed just as Kazé knocked him down.

Kazé was thrown back across the room, smashing into an antique wardrobe. A tangle of silk and splintered wood tumbled down onto him. Meanwhile, Cariolta had dashed over to Kish as she regained her feet and Prag moved in quickly to flank the Lord. The boy entered as well, though with significantly less purpose and set about rummaging through the pile of silk scarves in which Kazé had found himself entangled.

Kish was elated "I don't know how you did it! I don't care! I could kiss you!"

"Save it for when we're actually free." Cariolta smiled and turned to face her opponent. She gripped her short-spear gingerly and lowered her stance. "Now take your swords and let's end this monster."

Noticing the extra weaponry that the Princess had strapped on, Kish drew both blades in a single flourish and spun to the right, aiming to surround the Lord. "Careful, he's a wizard," she warned.

Kazé was free of the scarves as well, thanks to some unintentional help from the boy, but Lord Cailo was ready again as well. He chuckled horribly as the four escapees circled him "Why don't we just sit down and chat like civilized people? Have a little... face to face?" Cailo reached up to remove his hood and mask.

The four reeled back. The stories of Lord Cailo's terrible visage rushed into their minds. 'So terrible that one look could drive a man mad, to look directly into his eyes would kill'. They rushed to overt their eyes but it was too late, they had seen.